HTML, CSS formatting

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

darkeness66
Giant

HTML, CSS formatting

Post by darkeness66 »

I normally use HTML formatting in my macros using the <span> tag. I was reading through the wiki and really didn't find reference to it, but I did find the CSS formatting.

I played around with it a bit, but could not get CSS formatting to work in my macros. I am assuming that css has to be defined in each macro or can you do a macro call to get the definitions?

My programming skills are pretty basic, so maybe I should stick with the <span> tag? Will that still be supported in 1.4?

Example of what I typically do:

<span style="color:red">
<span style="font-size:0">

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: HTML, CSS formatting

Post by aliasmask »

CSS works in macros. Can you post some example code of what you're trying to do.

Koeynine
Kobold

Post by Koeynine »

Do you have any other comments here.

darkeness66
Giant

Post by darkeness66 »

Sorry for the delay. Work has been crazy.

So does CSS work everywhere the HTML tags do?

As an example, lets say I want to create a generic macro to use over and over so that I get this:

set font-size=0
<create code to get input, set variables & do calculations>
change font color & size to red & size 14 if condition_1 is meet and blue & size 20 if condition_2 is meet
<produce output>

I studied programming 25+ years ago and now I fool around with making macros and editing web pages as a side hobby (a small side hobby :P ). My code writing skills are pretty basic and I'm not sure that CSS is the best route for the little formatting I do, but I am curious and it's always good to know these things.

Oh, I do understand Library tokens and do use them in my framework.

Return to “General Discussion”