Jessica Jones

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Jessica Jones

Post by Jagged »

I've always been a super hero fan and I've just finished watching Jessica Jones. Netflix now has my two favourite super hero related stories and if you haven't seen either their Daredevil or Jessica Jones, I heartily recommend you go get them. Good stories, low-key powers, excellent characters.

Both stories have in common great villains. I was worried when I heard that David Tennant was cast as the antagonist in Jessica Jones, he has a tendency for pantomime, but in this he is suitably creepy. Like the Kingpin in Daredevil, Tennant's Kilgrave is absent from the beginning of the story and doesn't make an appearance until quite late in the running. His is present in the first episode only in flashbacks, in a way that builds up the sense of paranoia. Also like Daredevil, they put plenty of meat on the bones of the other characters, which makes the world seem very real and solid. There were no jarring moments, no "well that wouldn't happen" events to break the immersion.

10/10

Return to “General Discussion”