Height difference on same map

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Drakthal
Kobold

Height difference on same map

Post by Drakthal »

Hi Guys

I just posted a question about teleports and how to do it. In this post however i need to hear whether another thing is even possible and if so how.

Lets say i have a single map where there in one place is a 20 foot drop. If standing at the top of that drop it should be possible to see over the edge and far out over the area. While if at the bottom it should only be possible to see the edge. Therefore what i want is a kind of 1 way VBL or another way of doing this.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Height difference on same map

Post by aliasmask »

Sorry, but that feature is not a part of MapTool.

Drakthal
Kobold

Post by Drakthal »

Oh darn :( Well if that is not possible in any way i will just have to hope it will be implemented at some point and until then manage my way around it. My idea would be that there could be a new directional VBL that could be set to only hide from one side. Not exactly the most precise solution but one thats quite easy.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

You could manually adjust the vision of a token that is in a place like a pit where they shouldn't be able to see more than 1 square away. You could even do it automatically with wolph42's bag of tricks -- one of the very many things it can do is setup a pit trap that reduces your vision when you fall in it.

Return to “General Discussion”