Creativity

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Altrunchen
Giant

Creativity

Post by Altrunchen »

Link that inspired this topic:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5sEZmMeH96Q

You know, this scene got me thinking about the nature of creativity. Here we are each of us making our own story with tabletop games. Sure some people may frown upon them, but what I love is how people make their characters and their subsequent roles in the game their own. How we each of us have a creative spark, of whatever nature, that makes our experiences in the game (and in life itself) our own. So whatever people think, say to you, or do to you I just wanted to say: Don't give up hope. We each of us have some story of some kind that we can share with someone. And even if a story ends, there's always another one to take its place. I know this is corny, and I don't care. Despite the terrors and evils of the world, I feel glad to be alive and even if I may not always feel this way I'm still glad for it.

I know I just talked about myself there probably to excess. But I just wanted to say to people: Your story matters. No matter what. And despite what you may think, you can be creative, you just need to try. Even the smallest amount of creativity counts, at least to me.

Rock on people.

Return to “General Discussion”