Middle click on forums opens in same tab and new tab?

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

SkyCaptain13
Kobold

Middle click on forums opens in same tab and new tab?

Post by SkyCaptain13 »

Is there a way to stop this behavior? I would like to be able to middle click a thread and have it open in a new tab without opening the link I just clicked in the same tab I am in.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Middle click on forums opens in same tab and new tab?

Post by aliasmask »

Not necessarily on this site, but I've experienced this on my laptop and not on my PC. Maybe there is some kind of setting related to your mouse? I'm currently on my PC and I can middle click links without having the current page change.

SkyCaptain13
Kobold

Post by SkyCaptain13 »

Tried changing settings under board preferences for the forum skins and it was just that skin.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

SkyCaptain13 wrote:Tried changing settings under board preferences for the forum skins and it was just that skin.
Which skin? I would be interested in checking out that behavior. I know I use one the ugliest skins on the forums, envision, so it understandable results may vary. Maybe Craig of Az can look in to this if it is linked to a setting based on the skin.

SkyCaptain13
Kobold

Post by SkyCaptain13 »

aliasmask wrote:
SkyCaptain13 wrote:Tried changing settings under board preferences for the forum skins and it was just that skin.
Which skin? I would be interested in checking out that behavior. I know I use one the ugliest skins on the forums, envision, so it understandable results may vary. Maybe Craig of Az can look in to this if it is linked to a setting based on the skin.
SkyLineBlue skin.

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Yep, same thing happens to me. I have no idea why middle click behavior acts that way with that skin.

Return to “General Discussion”