Game Table using Map Tool

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

delugeia
Kobold

Game Table using Map Tool

Post by delugeia »

I thought some of you might enjoy seeing the new game table that my group is using.

It has an inset display screen for the players (covered by a 1/4" sheet of tinted, tempered glass). We sometimes use digital minis for epic battles on huge playing fields, but most of the time we're using physical minis and dice.

I've been using MapTool for years and I love it. I run two instances of the program on the same computer, one as the "Server" and one connected to it as the player. The smaller monitor in the picture is the DM screen and the large display is the player screen. It works great!

There's a full post with lots of pictures in the DnD 5th Ed page on Facebook if you're interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DnD5th/ ... 310476212/
new game table with a inset display using MapTool
new game table with a inset display using MapTool
game-table-2017-lo.jpg (450.53 KiB) Viewed 1020 times

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: Game Table using Map Tool

Post by JamzTheMan »

Noice! TV's really are the way to go! (vs projectors). Now a pick with your players crap all over it lol
-Jamz

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Looks slick.

Why do you have the screen "upside down" for the players though?
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

xavram
Dragon

Post by xavram »

Very nice! I built one for my gaming group 3-4 years ago and its still going strong. Make sure you've got some ventilation going for the backside of the TV, so things don't get too hot.

Return to “General Discussion”