Psionic Items as Art/Gems

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

SzassT
Cave Troll

Psionic Items as Art/Gems

Post by SzassT »

So I'm running a 3.5 campaign and the players up until this point had been led to believe Psionics wasn't a thing, when in actuality many creatures of the Underdark are Psionic in this setting, but the surface and Underdark have little interaction. The issue I'm having is that since Psionics is commonly known about and Psionic Items do not show up as magical under Detect Magic, my players may very well end up selling many Psionic items as gems or art objects (such as Cognizance Crystals, Dorje, and Power Stones). I have no issue with this (and just so you are aware, I am providing ways for them to find out the items are Psionic and utilize some vendors that would purchase them for their proper value), but I'm not really sure what value to place on them as non-magical items. There isn't really a point of reference for Dorjes and beyond using the price of Crystal Weapons as a baseline for formulating the value of psionic items that are crystals, I don't have much to go off. Any opinions/suggestions for pricing such items as art/gems*?

*I don't want to price gems as randomly generated gem values, more so a default value generation like 4d4 gold or 2d4*10, something like that. Using the random value of Art for Dorjes may work, but for many dorjes, seems like it could get rather high.

Return to “General Discussion”