derived properties failing

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Silken_akira
Kobold

derived properties failing

Post by Silken_akira »

hi,

just started with maptools and trying out the properties tutotial on tokens...but..
it starts looping asking for a value and crashes.
Can someone point out what I am doing wrong?
I used the following to start

#*Hitdice :2
#*classlevel :10
#*AL :TN
#*Strength :10
#*StrMod:[Strength/2]
#*Dexterity :10
#*DexMod:[dex*2]
#*Constitution :10
#*ConMod:[FLOOR((Constitution-10)/2)]
#*Intelligence :10
#*IntMod:[FLOOR((Intelligence-10)/2)]
#*Wisdom :10
#*WisMod:[FLOOR((Wisdom-10)/2)]
#*Charisma :10
#*ChaMod:[FLOOR((Charisma-10)/2)]
#*MaxHP :100

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: derived properties failing

Post by wolph42 »

couple of things:
1. typos (didnt check them but if you made one that can cause it)
2. default values: it could be that mt properties doesn't work with default values so try to change the values in the token you test (you need to turn off the stat first though or you can't select the token)
3. it might help to do [r:code] instead of

Elyre_Elan
Kobold

Post by Elyre_Elan »

Hello;

Just perusing your code, I come across this:

#*Dexterity :10
#*DexMod:[dex*2]

Did you mean [Dexterity*2] ?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Also, if you're going to use [] instead of {} I would put [r: ] instead to avoid the tool tip data.

Also, you can put in the global variables, but if you want a nicer smaller pop up I would not show each property separately but as a group in a property just for display. I put all (most) of my display data with a prefix to avoid any coding confusion. For example:

Code: Select all

*@sheet.physical (Body):[R: strformat("Str:%s(%+d) Dex:%s(%+d) Con:%s(%+d)",Strength+StrMod,StrB,Dexterity+DexMod,DexB,Constitution+ConMod,ConB)]
*@sheet.mental (Mind):[R: strformat("Int:%s(%+d) Wis:%s(%+d) Chr:%s(%+d)",Intelligence+IntMod,IntB,Wisdom+WisMod,WisB,Charisma+ChaMod,ChaB)]
Attachments
Image1.jpg
Image1.jpg (6.05 KiB) Viewed 1190 times

Silken_akira
Kobold

Post by Silken_akira »

thanks for the quick help. Read this, did some more testing and tried also a few first macros.
I still have an issue when I want to create token properties that I wanted the derived bonusses to be filled up in the sheet of the token itself... But learned that it actual better to see it when I hover over them....I guess doing a mcro inthe properties to fill in a property when you fill something in there is what is causing it to crash. (I started from a tutorial on token properties that showed the following:
HitPoints:{floor(Constitution / 2)} and changed it a bit for statbonusses.
I could create a macro that calculates all the derived bonusses afterwards if I really want in there I guess but next to the image is much cleaner anyway.
Once I finished that up more cleanly. I will start on a damage macro that will the damage on all selected tokens for things like a fireblast or so (in my mind now that shouldn't be be too dificult).
Always open to new tips :)

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

You want to make sure all your values have numeric values and aren't blank. There are examples in the forums of how to do auto damage and it's a bit more complicated then you would probably hope. I found if you have a macro that simply does damage to a token and sharing a link in chat is the best way to do it. There are many aspects to fireball damage like the save for 1/2, evasion feats, resistance, ablative damage reduction, immunity and vulnerability.

Return to “General Discussion”