Chartool issues

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Greatest Dude
Kobold

Chartool issues

Post by Greatest Dude »

would you be able to help or at least point me in the right direction on what to do with the chartools program of maptools? I have tried get it to work as it would be nice to have from my PCs so i can see their char sheet too (and run macros off of them).

so i have the most recent version of Java to run it. have tried all 3 of the most recent versions of it but i still keep getting this, when opening and when ever i try to do anything in it.
Attachments
Untitled 3.png
Untitled 3.png (175.05 KiB) Viewed 947 times

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Re: Chartool issues

Post by wolph42 »

gathering from the error, its a macro issue. My guess is that something like:
if(x > "not a number") or something similar...
which will throw this kind of error. Without actually seeing the macro itself, its hard to tell the exact issue.

A really wild guess good be: characteristics of the token not set.

Greatest Dude
Kobold

Post by Greatest Dude »

the issue is that i haven't done anything. this is it after just installing it and opening it for the first time.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

Greatest Dude wrote:the issue is that i haven't done anything. this is it after just installing it and opening it for the first time.
You can try using a Java 7 install... if that fails you'll probably have to go down to 6: http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/ ... 39210.html

But, at this point, I really don't think this tool is integrated enough into MT to make it worth the trouble or security risk. And it's certainly not likely to get updated any time soon. Depending on the system you're going to use, there may already be a framework with a decent character sheet capability already built for it. MT's macro language has grown leaps and bounds since this tool was created.
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

Return to “General Discussion”