Just want to say thanks to the community !

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Well if we are going to have word bubbles than we also need thought bubbles. The curly, cloud kind to indicate an unvoiced thought or perhaps an emote.

Now when they get /chicken in there we will really have something. :)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

kardock wrote:hey dorpond, in WOW, what server are you on? what is your char name?
My toons are on Feathermoon.

I have been playing for about 1.5 years but I don't play like most, sitting there for 5 - 12 hours without a real life.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I would love to play for long hours like that but my real life is far more important to me so that comes first.

That being said; even though I have been playing for over a year, I don't even have a level 60 yet. I do have about four 40+ toons on their way to 50 but the problem I have at higher level is that the game gets far more demanding in the area of dedication.

I don't, nor will I ever, give any game that dedication. Again, I would LOVE to but it just won't happen with Dorpond.

So at the end of the day, I never really pal around with friends I know because they are doing instances that take 4 hours, raiding a level 62 boss or in a queue for BG for an hour. I am lucky if I can finish one quest before I have real life resposibilities knocking at my door.

So, my (higher level) toons are:
Alliance
Inarius: 43 Priest
StickLittle: 40 Mage
Drodiass: 42 Warrior
Mellick: 41 Warlock

Horde
Mumba: 38 Shaman
RiverStyx: 32 Rogue
LittleSock: 32 Druid (Tauren with the name LittleSock :) )

I haven't even booted up the game in the last 2.5 weeks.. WOW is more of a winter sport to me :)

So you really like the name Kardock I see! :P
Maybe we will adventure some day!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

kardock wrote: in WOW, what server are you on? what is your char name?
Blackhand:
Glar (60 mage)
Lastic (40 warrior)
Paldec (35 pally)
Warzok (20 warlock)
Glara (20 rogue)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

dorpond wrote:I am so used to World of Warcraft; when you say /whisper, will it also function /w?

In WOW, I can type:

/w StickLittle Hello Friend!
And my friend Sticklittle would receive: Hello Friend!

If I did:
/s Hello Friend!
Everyone around me would get it.

Excuse me for asking that; I haven't played with any of the chat features in Maptool yet.

So the ultimate question is: Do I have to write /Whisper or would you make it so I could do /w to shorten it?
Yes, /s and /w work just fine, just wrote them out for clarity :)

In fact, even if we didn't, you could still do something like this:

/alias /w /whisper $*

and do the same thing

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

trevor wrote:
RPTroll wrote: /visual 'Kobold 1' 10 You guys rule.
Although, I was thinking it would apply to /say and /whisper directly (/whisper would have a different color or something to represent Not Visible To Everyone)
Yes. That would indeed work. For those that don't like the text bubbles I guess you would have a toggle flag somewhere that turns it off. Also, when you guys get trigger points added, you could have tokens say things when a player token approaches.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

trevor wrote:You should go look at some of his posts when we were discussing token properties, scripting, and aliasing. Good stuff :)

(btw, also look for posts by rkathey, it's the same person)
eek. My alter ego was ratted out. :-)

Actually, the real story behind the name change is that every time it tried to type RPTools it came out RPTroll. I decided it was a cool nickname and snagged it.

Thanks for the kind comments about my posts and to everyone on the forum I say ROCK ON! This is the tool I envisioned a decade back but never had the skill or time to create. The developers do an outstanding job and I count myself lucky to have found RPTools.

The forum posters are great as well. I've never seen a lamer here and all the criticism and critique is positive and polite. In the past we may have disagreed as to the exact functionality we wanted to see but by and large we're all looking for a similar tool. Thanks to the RPTools staff, we're getting it.

/me tosses snickers to everyone.

Vry
Giant

Post by Vry »

While we're all listing our wow characters...

SilverHand:
Alliance:
Denolera (60 Rogue)
Aryni (58 Warlock)
Linaya (30 Druid)
Maerick (25 Paladin)

...and I really like the speech bubble idea too.

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

Blackhand
Alliance:
Saget (60 Mage)
Mazt (52 Rogue)
Sayis (42 Warlock)
Plop (26 Priest)

Horde:
Strul (29 Druid, WSG character)
~Giliath

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

So I guess I'm the only troll on the board that has never played World of Warcraft. :-)

I have a hard enough time squeezing in four hours of d20 every few weeks so I doubt I would have the time to start. Bummer. Sounds like you guys have a lot of fun at it.

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I played Star Wars Galaxies for a few months. But, after I got absolutely nothing else done, I quit. The game was fun at first, though it tended to be ruined by a lot of spammers and a-holes who like to ruin the game for others.

And, the game had a lot of bugs they had no intention of fixing. At first I was just a scout, had some fun with that, going on Squill hunts with friends, etc. Then I doubled into Droid Engineer, and discovered the tedium of Crafting, and all the bugs therein. It could have been so enjoyable, but they just crippled it into an exercise in administrative futility.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

RPTroll wrote:So I guess I'm the only troll on the board that has never played World of Warcraft. :-)
Not the only one... ;)
Game On!

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

no, me neither.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I don't game online either. I run 2 tabletop groups, and 3 solo campaigns for members from those groups. I try to DM twice a week when my schedule permits, but I mostly work on the weekends being a performer so we wedge 'em in where we can. I'm even set up to game mobile in my RV. In fact, I'm having my main group out on Sunday where we are camping (I like to mix business and pleasure) to have a gaming cookout! :D
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

trevor

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:I don't game online either. I run 2 tabletop groups, and 3 solo campaigns for members from those groups. I try to DM twice a week when my schedule permits, but I mostly work on the weekends being a performer so we wedge 'em in where we can. I'm even set up to game mobile in my RV. In fact, I'm having my main group out on Sunday where we are camping (I like to mix business and pleasure) to have a gaming cookout! :D
Sounds like a fun party !

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Yeah, it's pretty close to gaming at my house. I always take my HD projector with me. I have a 50" screen in the RV for maps. My wife just got me a 15" LCD flatpanel for Father's Day for our bedroom in the RV. It's going to double as a 2nd monitor for my laptop. Sometimes we game at night by the campfire. That is a blast because it sets a great ambience and we use the 8' screen outside. I bring my 8' screen from the house with me and we watch movies outside by the campfire (or game whenever possible). I even bought a cheap DVD/Home Theater system from Walmart that we put around the campfire area for surround sound outside (makes movies like Texas Chainsaw Massacre even creepier!) The addition of grilled meat and beverages really creates a fun atmosphere for gaming.

I wish we could game while camping all the time as it's much more fun than gaming at my house. There's something about gaming around the campfire that brings just the right mood to it all. :D
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

Return to “General Discussion”