Image repository

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

brisingre
Dragon

Image repository

Post by brisingre »

I have almost got plans for an image repository, with some of the HTML, but I am hung up on one tag. How do you set up a download, i.e. click here to download zip file xyz.zip? Please, if anyone here knows HTML, help me.
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Just point your link to the resource.

That is, for example:

<a href="http://blah/myresource.zip">my resource</a>
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

thank you so much I thought it would be really nasty!! In a couple days max I will have an HTML image repositroy and the recquirements for submission for you.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

almost done the repository, it will be in [email protected] in a few days max. Where should I direct submissions? To me to do the HTML on them, or to [email protected] because thats where submissions go? I am counting on you to add in the RPTools.net navigation and stuff. The repository is mostly self-contained, though.

trevor

Post by trevor »

submit is a good place

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

Will this be like an image gallery that we can up/download from?

I'll gladly contribute as a way of saying thanks :)

But if my Logo isn't good enough... ;)
Game On!

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

exactly what it is. Sadly I havent teched up the upload yet, so you just email the images in a zip , probably to [email protected] but maybe I will make an [email protected] for the better storage space. There are instructions.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I have done the repository, but my email is screwing up and i can't send the bloody thing. Open ot suggestions.

trevor

Post by trevor »

We can set up an ftp account to push up these large files.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

I will send them in 3 or four pieces. Just extract all files into wherever you want them as long as it is the same place. All the links are up except obviously a link from RPTools to the repository. I copied the RPTools navigation thing onto the main page, and I the others just have a link to the main page and to the pages before them in the directory. The submissions go to a special accoutn, which will forward ot both of us. submit will get submissions, but so will I so I can set them up for you. I have that kind of time on my hands.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

AARRGGHH!! :x I cant get it to send all the way!! What would this FTP account do, as I think we may be otherwise out of luck :cry:

trevor

Post by trevor »

It allows you to upload arbitrarily (within reason) large files to our site. I got two of your files, I'll review them tonight :)

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

you probably got the HTML files, the small images, and half the images. THe unbounded maps keep messing up. You also got traps.dfo or summat that I sent by accident. I might be able to send them in.bar format, but it would be nasty for you to get them out on the other end. I use this format to beat gmail at all kind of things. I posted "ubarrer" links on the old forums links page.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

This will link to an angelfire beta of the image repository. The RPTools table of links on the starting page don't work, but the would from the RPTools page. The unbounded maps wouldn't fit on the page, so that dl is down. THere might be something else. I have filled this up, so the submissions are there mostly for viewing purposes. Please download the stuff provided, and email any problems to [email protected].

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

UPDATE

I think everything is working <i>except</i> for the "submit" buttons. I also have a meg or two left for any submissions when I get that running. I would really like some feedback from anyone who looks at this. I am still ironing out some kinks, though. The unboundeds will be up soon, I hope. The upload to the web shell keeps screwing up. BTW, the image repository as it is currently written would function more-or-less independently from the rptools site, all it would need to be integrated would be to put a link somewhere and to put the files in the same folder as the rptools.net index.html file. The main image repository file has some html 'borrowed' from the main site, which <i>should</i> put the navigation menu into it. I'm not sure this will work. I would really love it if some people looked at this and told me what they thought.

Return to “General Discussion”