Library of (insert genera here) objects

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Paradox
Dragon

Re: Library of (insert genera here) objects

Post by Paradox »

fightclubtb wrote:hey guys, just joined up. this seems like the treasure trove I am looking for, its even mentioned on the FAQ, but can more people please seed the 2gb file?

thanks!
Jeff
Downloading and seeding too.
I no longer believe that MapTools is usuable or intended just for programmers. MapTools is for everyone.

inquisitor tremayne
Cave Troll

Re:

Post by inquisitor tremayne »

mnology wrote:I found out about Maptool a few weeks ago and experienced the same problem you did. Unfortunatly due to some behevioral tick I couldn't get started until I had programatically sucked in every object from the Dundjinni & RPTools forums and organized them.

Here they are as a torrent to distribute the load(2.3G 23k files). The sorted hierarchy can get pretty deep and there came a time when I had to just stop organizing the stuff. So the tokens aren't organized. I gave up when I was mostly organizing SciFi/modern stuff, but the Fantasy stuff is pretty well organized.

RPG Mapping Objects/Textures/Overlays
I can't get that link to work... I have Vuze, should I be using a different torrent downloader?

Dazmiuth
Kobold

Post by Dazmiuth »

I am a torrent newb, I downloaded the file and when I go to extract the files, i get the following message:

Fatal error: central dir signature not found

Anyone know how to fix this?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Sounds like your torrent didn't finish. That error comes from the ZIP utility when it can't find all of the file information in the .zip file. That info is stored at the end of the file to make it easier to (a) create a ZIP file on the fly, and (b) ensure that a download completed. Torrents make that tough because they download arbitrary pieces, but it's still possible that your download wasn't done.

Try starting your torrent client and performing a verify scan on your data file.

fierop
Kobold

Post by fierop »

I have tried to download the torrent from two different links and no worky.

Can anyone tell me if the torrent is working?

PJ

Msunderlin
Kobold

Post by Msunderlin »

I currently have my seedbox seeding the 2 Gb file so it is available to the masses.

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

There seems to be a problem with the torrent file itself, clicking the link takes you to a file not found page, trying to save the link, gives an error, and trying to start torrent from URL in my client gives an error

:No connection could be made because the target machine actively refused it."

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

There are two links here: http://www.rptoolstutorials.net/?page_id=23

I only checked the second one but it started to load (I didn't wait for it and stopped it).

aku
Dragon

Post by aku »

I can confirm that that link works. The CSAUC one takes you to a download page where you can cherry pick collections.

Return to “General Discussion”