rptools on Icedtea6/Openjdk6

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

CuZnDragon
Kobold

rptools on Icedtea6/Openjdk6

Post by CuZnDragon »

Just curious if this has been tested with Icedtea6/OpenJDK6 and if so were there any issues to be aware of?

neofax
Great Wyrm

Re: rptools on Icedtea6/Openjdk6

Post by neofax »

There are some problems with networking using OpenJDK.
Time-Zone information UTC -5

CuZnDragon
Kobold

Post by CuZnDragon »

what networking issues as I run minecraft under it over the network and haven't seen any issue.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

There are some third-party libraries that don't work with the OpenJDK and, by extension, SoyLatte (for the Mac).

I've been updating some of the libraries as we've been getting close to the last 1.3 build (the docking framework, the UPNP library, the TinyLAF library) but so far that hasn't solved the network issues. I think the most likely culprits are the Hessian and ServiceDiscovery libraries, but that's just a WAG because I haven't spent any time on figuring this out.

Since I'm doing development on OSX I'm going to need to get this working though, as Apple is giving Java the boot and it will be up to the OpenJDK7 project to support OSX in the future. I may work on this as part of the move to OSGi since we'll need to get our networking house in order as part of that.

Return to “General Discussion”