#RPTools on Freenode

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

emirikol
Dragon

Post by emirikol »

Keep your eyes peeled!

jh
Yes, I'm a chiropractor. Gamer fitness at Hafner Chiropractic in Lakewood, CO: http://www.HafnerChiropractic.com

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

I've started frequenting this one again... Along with my #rpgmapshare node on irc.otherworlders.org
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

demonnic
Cave Troll

Post by demonnic »

I'm on about 8 hours a day during work, lurking... there's another person there who never seems to say anything. And of course Steel Rat just showed up. ::rally!::

Oriet
Cave Troll

Re: #RPTools on Freenode

Post by Oriet »

I realise it's been three and a half years since the last post in this thread, so while I might be casting necromancy on it it is sticky and on topic...

Does anyone still ever use the IRC room talked about? I hopped in yesterday but didn't see anyone else. Would anyone be interested in having an IRC room again? I'm very often logged into an IRC room with a general community I'm part of and so would easily be able to be logged into another IRC room. While I wouldn't always be paying attention I am at my computer something like 80% of the average day, and like having real time communication with people.

I know I've often wanted to have someone around I could bump macro ideas off of, but sadly the next most experienced person in regards to macros I know can barely handle blocks like "[if(),code: {stuff}]" and so is completely unable to help me with more complex macro functions. I could make threads on them, but often I'm able to figure things out after a day of hammering at it (even if sometimes completely abandoning one way of doing it for something that is quite likely a lot less efficient) so don't feel a thread is really needed.
Kill them all, and let the Game Master grant the exp!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

The person who started the IRC thing was Trevor, but RL has pretty much taken him out of the picture for RPTools. That said, I think it would be great if someone were willing to just hang out there and maybe chat with anyone that might show up, but don't feel obligated to do so -- this is all volunteer of course!

Steel Rat
Great Wyrm

Post by Steel Rat »

As I mentioned above, I was doing so for a while, but RL also kicked me in the cojones. I try to monitor the rpgmapshare channel, but often forget to.
Steel Rat
-----------
RPGMapShare.com - RPG Maps and Mapping objects.
Discord Server

Oriet
Cave Troll

Post by Oriet »

Ah, so it's been an unofficial IRC for it. I saw one person hop in today, but I didn't notice them before they had left. I'm realising that being signed onto two different servers presents its own inconveniences (namely that a nick will only change in one).

Would anyone mind if I was to host one on irc.rizon.net? That's the server the other IRC room I'm in is on, so would be easiest for me to register it there. Either way I'll try to be in regularly, though you might have to say my nick so it alerts me in order for me to notice.

neofax
Great Wyrm

Post by neofax »

I regular hang out on IRC, but for Linux. I like the medium and it is really good especially if people follow the rules and use PasteBin for chunks of code instead of spamming the channel. Let me know what the log info is and I will hop on. I may not be quite as good programming macros, I can figure stuff out(normally).
Time-Zone information UTC -5

Oriet
Cave Troll

Post by Oriet »

Alright, I got one registered. For those with an IRC client the network is: irc.rizon.net
And the channel name is: #rptools

For those without an IRC client you can use the following to connect, from within your browser and with no downloads needed. You can type the following url into your browser or click on it as it is a link: Chat.mibbit.com

In the Connect: menu make sure to select Rizon [webirc]
With the Nick field please enter your forum display name so people can know who you are. In Channel type in #rptools, and then click Connect.

I encourage people to register their nick. Registering the nick means you will always be able to use it, as it requires a password verification. To register your nick you must be connected to the rizon IRC server, such as by being in the IRC room, and then enter in the following command: /msg nickserv register password email Replace password with your desired password, and email with an email address you can be reached at.

Once your nick has been registered you can verify yourself when you log in by typing /identify password with password replaced with the password you used to register your nick. You can also have Mibbit do this for you when you join the IRC.

Click Auth: in the upper right corner of the login box, and then type in the password you used to register your nick in the field where you see the black circles. It does that as you type as a standard security feature, so people can't just read over your shoulder to steal your password. Then fill out the other fields as explained above and you're good to go.

The only rules I'm having in there currently are Be Respectful and Be Rational. If it is felt other rules are needed they can be added. I will also try to give OP to forum moderators, though you might have to remind me when you hop in.

If you want to get my attention in there just say my name, as my client is configured to alert me when that happens. Oh, and if it's felt this should be made into its own thread I can do that, unless you just want to split it off or something.

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Post by smaudet2 »

Wut happened. :(

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Post by smaudet2 »

Double posting for the bump, but I'm in #RPTools on freenode, and #rptools on rizon.

I should be for the most part always in there, if I'm not I'll spin up a vps or something.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Yeah, that stuff is pretty old. I personally haven't been on IRC in forever. Maybe others will join. You can check out our Facebook and G+ communities as well.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “General Discussion”