Chat Protocol

Talk about whatever topic you'd like, RPG related or not. (But please discuss things related to our software in the Tools section, below.)

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Emryys
Dragon

Chat Protocol

Post by Emryys »

Chat gaming can be slower and I think part of that has to do with no one knowing when someone else is typing, unlike with an IM which generally lets you know when someone is typing a message. There have been a number of times when there has been "dead air", as it were. Where no one has typed anything because we think someone else may be typing a response. Consequently several minutes may go by with no one typing anything for fear that someone else is also typing a response. The other situation is mutiple answers show at once and create a mess of the flow of the conversation.
Part of this can be resolved by protocol. By this I mean as a GM, I usually type about a line of text and leave it with a trail of periods at the end, like this.....
This lets the players know that more is to come.

Not sure how this could be resolved for the players via protocol, but maybe like IM, show that typing is occurring or have a turn sequester for the GM to use to elicite responses...

Thought, comments.... (No there is not more to come ;) )
Game On!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I like that idea. Should be pretty easy to implement. I'll add a tracker. It probably won't be addressed until post 1.0, but I like it enough I'm sure it'll show up quick ;)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “General Discussion”