Trunk Code Test 9/17/2011

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Avotas
Cave Troll

Trunk Code Test 9/17/2011

Post by Avotas »

Hey,

So, this is my first post as a RPTools tester, so if there is any special formatting I need to include let me know.

The Rundown:

Software: Maptool
GM Client: Windows 7 x64 running with a Max Mem. of 1024 MB, a Min Mem. size of 64 MB, and a Stack Size of 2.
Player Clients (4): Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 all running with a Max Mem. of 1024 MB, a Min Mem. size of 64 MB, and a Stack Size of 2 or 3.
Build: Maptool-1.3.b90 [Build 90 resulted from building the TRUNK project files in a nice neat installation package, then distributed to all the players as an alpha build.]
Campaign Framework: MT1.3.86.03_DnD35_Pathfinder.cmpgn
Game: Pathfinder

Problems:

1) Jarsigner.exe would not sign the files during the build processes. The problem originated in common-webstate-targets.xml and/or the keystore file. I removed the code that signs the file, the build completed successfully, and it was given out as build 90 to the players. I cannot tell if the problem was on my end, or the code end.

2) Both the GM and the one of the players ran into an issue where the entire screen would turn white. This could be resolved by minimizing the window to the taskbar then maximizing the window to force the client to redraw. This happened a two total times over a six hour game. Both time it was triggered when macros were used.

Notes:

The main reason for this test was in hopes that the movement bug would be addressed. The error, reported in another thread, would trigger when a player attempted to move their pog outside initiative. The system would then be forced into an endless loop that only be cleared with a forced close. This bug was prevalent in build 84-86, with and without the campaign framework, and would result in people disconnecting randomly throughout the session. I am happy to report this bug has been fixed. We tried all kinds of ways of triggering it, but where never successful.

-Avotas

Return to “Testing”