[patch - MapTool] Undo / Redo fix

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Lee
Dragon

[patch - MapTool] Undo / Redo fix

Post by Lee »

Sorry Azhrei, I was thinking you'd give me notification on whether you wanted to try out this fix (among others) before working on b89. Great job on that, btw :) I haven't seen it on the announcements yet but I know it's there on the repo :wink:

Anyway, please let me know if something's missing. As I've mentioned before, this went through several classes that I might have missed something in the patch creation. Apologies as well if there're unrelated (to undo/redo) changes in some parts of the patch. I wanted to clean it up but time's scarce
right now.

Thanks!
Attachments
[patch - MapTool] Undo-Redo fix.txt
(32.03 KiB) Downloaded 116 times

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: [patch - MapTool] Undo / Redo fix

Post by Azhrei »

Heh-heh, I understand!

I will definitely get through it this weekend, but I need to build the ChangeLog and the list of new translation strings first.

Thanks!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Has anyone been trying out this patch? I believe it's included in the build Lee made available in this thread: Re: MapTool Dev Build (testing, version 0.95) - Jan. 28, 2013.

It touches a lot of code and no longer applies cleanly, so I'd like confirmation regarding how well it works before I include it. I really don't want to do a b91. :|

Lee
Dragon

Post by Lee »

Apart from myself and Sol Invictus (IIRC) on that thread, I don't think so. Maybe wolph, though my memory's sketchy regarding what he tested other than UPnP.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Hmmm, I MAY have it applied. What does it exactly fix and I'll check. Is there another thread for discussion of the issue?
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It makes the undo/redo code a per-map function. The original undo/redo code would apply to whatever currentZoneRenderer().getZone() returned which wouldn't be correct if you changed the current map! So it was sort of a global undo/redo that applied to the current map. But because it was referencing objects that might not exist its operation was flaky at best.

To properly test this would require four instances of MapTool, two as GM and two as players. Each should try creating a drawable and then undoing it. And each should create a drawable and have one of the other machines undo it. It would be helpful to select one map and make a change, then switch maps and try the undo/redo options. Then switch back to the first one and try the undo/redo again.

Look for any anomalous behavior -- undo/redo not working when switching back to a map that had drawings on it, ability to use undo/redo on a map with nothing drawn on it, ability for a player to undo a GM's drawing (the reverse should work based on the comments and code from Lee's patch), and so on.

I've got my build machine cleaned up and all outstanding patches applied. I still have a couple bugs of my own to fix, then I'll do the build. I had originally planned on last Sunday night, now it looks like Wednesday night. (Crud, I still need to do the change log too...)

Return to “Testing”