[Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.1.x

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Cederien
Kobold

Re: [Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.0.0

Post by Cederien »

JamzTheMan wrote:One could also say, blindly updating or auto updating your JRE to the latest can also introduce security flaws :)
Actually that's a given, the trick is (barring the always possible regression) those will be new security flaws that no one knows yet and hence no one exploits. On the other hand a closed security hole is highly likely to get exploited, yes it's plugged... int he latest version. However there are always enough people who aren't updating ASAP, so there is always enough victims to make it worth the effort.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

There's only one way to be 100% secure. Unplug your router from the internet and turn your PC off. :mrgreen:
-Jamz

Cederien
Kobold

Post by Cederien »

Not enough, you also need to unplug your TV, remove the battery from your phone and soon you will also have to unplug you fridge. Shadowrun ceased to be SciFi. Actually I'm already looking for a comfortable cave, should be kinda save there, aside from the bears of course. :p

taustinoc
Dragon

Post by taustinoc »

I recommend living in a swamp. The wetter the better, as that will prevent other people's electronics from working correctly, as well.

If you choose the right swamp, the snake will take down the drones, even.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Solid advice! And ya, the Shadowrun writers sometimes hit things so close on the head, I'm actually worried about the food fights coming up in 2020. And I'm really hope I don't goblinize into a Troll, at least make it Ork...it's to bad elves/dwarfs are born so no chance there...
-Jamz

mistamichal
Kobold

Post by mistamichal »

I just download 1.4.3.2 (win64) and when the 'pre-launcher' options come up, if I click on the left one to launch Maptool directly it runs fine but, if I click on the right to run the Maptool Launcher, it hangs on a blank window. So, I thought I'll go back to 1.4.3.0 but now the same thing happens with that.

Any ideas on what the problem might be?

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

how did you go 'back'? cause the only way to do that is by removing the entire install directory, that is hidden somewhere in %appdata%

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Yea, I discovered that bug this weekend. The launcher has the option to update your registry to allow DPI scaling for HiDPI monitors. But it fails if that registry path doesn't already exist, I'll get it fixed soon!

You can go here and run add the registry and it will then work: http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... st#p264395

Also, to go backwards, just go to your startmenu, go to Apps, MapTools, you should see a "Uninstall MapTool". Run that then install 1.4.3.0.
-Jamz

mistamichal
Kobold

Post by mistamichal »

Thanks for the reply.

Yeah, I did uninstall from the start menu and I also deleted the folder in appdata/roaming.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

FYI I just published version 1.4.3.3 which should correct that issue...

Just FYI: note that my releases are cutting edge and never guarantee backwards compatibility, although I make every effort to do so with plans on submitting all enhancements back to the rptools build. I build them for my personal use and test them weekly using my group as unwilling test subjects. :mrgreen:
-Jamz

OpusAndi
Kobold

Post by OpusAndi »

Hello Jamz... I am continuing the conversation from my other post here (Multiple Monitor Idiosyncrasy - Macro Edit Dialog) since it is now related to this fork.

I found another dialog that opens on the current main display instead of centering on the MapTool frame --- the New Token dialog.
" Imagination is the testing ground of reality.
MapTool is a canvas. "
- Thank you RPTools
[ OpusAndi: testing ( idea ) ]
current engines: MapTool 1.4.1.7 & MapTool 1.4.3.3 Nerps

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

OpusAndi wrote:Hello Jamz... I am continuing the conversation from my other post here (Multiple Monitor Idiosyncrasy - Macro Edit Dialog) since it is now related to this fork.

I found another dialog that opens on the current main display instead of centering on the MapTool frame --- the New Token dialog.
Thank! I never use it. Should be a easy fix...

FYI: You can pass -monitor=x to tell maptool to open on that monitor ;-) It's mostly for development purposes but figured you may have a use for it...
You can also pass -x=123, -y=123, -w=456, -h=456 and -f (or -width, -height, -fullscreen)
-Jamz

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.3.+

Post by JamzTheMan »

Just an FYI that this fork is now up to 1.4.3.8.

It has a several "fixes" but mainly it shows off my new Hero Lab integration. The asset library will now show Hero Lab portfolio's as a "folder" and create "tokens" for every character in the portfolio. It will use the first image in the Personal section as it's Portrait and the second for it's token image (if they are present). I used this order as HL NPC tokens usually have a portrait image embedded already, so you just need to add a token image if you want.

These tokens will have all 3 statblocks stored on the token (and can be viewed via edit token or retrieved via macro). It also "remembers" the file/path of the portfolio and can be refreshed if the portfolio changes with a push of a button! :)

As we now have access to the XML HL statblock, i added a herolab.XPath() macro that retrieves data from that statblock based on the XPath expression passed. (There is a macro in my campaign that stats a token based on this new code). You can also retrieve the HTML or Text statblock as well for use in your macros.

Here's my campaign that has macro's utilizing the new hero lab code.
Nerps Pathfinder 5.2.cmpgn

Other changes:
o Cleaned up PDF code, shouldn't show java errors now while PDF is extracted (PDF's show up in asset library now as folders and extracts all embedded artwork for use in MT!)
o Fixed FoW bug, threaded code was bad and caused some cells to not be exposed
o Added parameter to getMoveCount(), passing a 1, eg getMoveCount(1), returns either 0 or 1 (true/false) if there was a remainder in the ONE_TWO_ONE movement count. Why? Lets say a token is moved diagonally 5 feet, stopped, moved again diagonally 5 feet, stopped, moved again 5 feet diagonally. MT shows 5 feet moved, 3 times. DnD/Pathfinder movement via 1-2-1 rule is 5+10+5 for a total of 20 feet. Now you can track this and show correct movement. (My campaign does this for Pathfinder tokens, in combat it shows total feet moved during init using this new macro so is 100% accurate now)
o Probably several more tweaks, my code is always open source, you can review (and build your own build if you want) from my github fork: https://github.com/JamzTheMan/maptool/commits/1.4.3-dev
-Jamz

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

JamzTheMan wrote:Just an FYI that this fork is now up to 1.4.3.8.
Cool, I look forward to taking it for a test run. :)
Is this something that should be merged upstream?

Thanks. :D

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Is this something that should be merged upstream?

Thanks. :D[/quote]

I thought I did but will check.
-Jamz

Return to “Testing”