[Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.1.x

Notes on testing the latest builds of MapTool

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Re: [Nerps!] MapTool Fork based on 1.4.3.+

Post by JamzTheMan »

Yeah, new job so....

OK. Windows Troubleshooting 101. Since Nerps Maptool was working and has not changed (this includes the built in Java just for this reason), what changed?

Go through your windows update and see, or if you have other automated updates (or installed something your self?)

This happened to me a few months ago, updated nVidia drivers completely borrked all Java on my system. I simply rolled back to a previous version to fix it.

I haven't gone through the logs yet, I don't have time, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be something that has been installed lately. Video drivers are a good start.
-Jamz

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

This is great stuff, really appreciate it. I'm having one problem, however. Whenever I try to save a token, the default folder is some JWrapper folder within the appdata folder, rather than the previous place I've saved things. This is rather inconvenient. Is there a way to change this setting?

theblackalchemist
Kobold

Post by theblackalchemist »

JamzTheMan wrote:Yeah, new job so....

OK. Windows Troubleshooting 101. Since Nerps Maptool was working and has not changed (this includes the built in Java just for this reason), what changed?

Go through your windows update and see, or if you have other automated updates (or installed something your self?)

This happened to me a few months ago, updated nVidia drivers completely borrked all Java on my system. I simply rolled back to a previous version to fix it.

I haven't gone through the logs yet, I don't have time, but I'm pretty sure it's going to be something that has been installed lately. Video drivers are a good start.
No drivers were updated and no windows update was installed. Looks like something just weird has happened. I'll prolly just install it in my linux box and run it from there..its a bit annoying with windows..but thanks! loving your fork!

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

One other issue: When I try to add a new state and upload a new image, I get a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. I can take an old state I already have and modify it. Also if I try to create a new state that doesn't involve an image (e.g., a dot), the 'Add' button is grayed out.

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

theblackalchemist wrote:
JamzTheMan wrote:Yeah, new job so....

No drivers were updated and no windows update was installed. Looks like something just weird has happened. I'll prolly just install it in my linux box and run it from there..its a bit annoying with windows..but thanks! loving your fork!
Mmm, not sure why it's failing to load the JVM.dll? Can you try to "uninstall" it, reboot, the reinstall it? (Uninstall shortcut is in your Start menu). I have seen jWrapper get buggered up sometimes and uninstalling it has worked in the past (been a while since I've had an issue).

Out side of that, you can try with your own install of Java. Install latest Java 1.8, then use the MT Launcher and set the JVM to your install path (vs the jWrapper path) and see if that fixes it. If not, then you have something in windows buggering up your Java. (On a side note, does the Token Tool launch? It's a lot less complicated and doesn't rely on nearly as many libs).
-Jamz

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

paulstrait wrote:This is great stuff, really appreciate it. I'm having one problem, however. Whenever I try to save a token, the default folder is some JWrapper folder within the appdata folder, rather than the previous place I've saved things. This is rather inconvenient. Is there a way to change this setting?
I don't believe so, I'll take this a bug (I experience it as well so yes, it's annoying me to lol). As soon as I can get some time I'll fix this in the next release.

paulstrait wrote:One other issue: When I try to add a new state and upload a new image, I get a java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException. I can take an old state I already have and modify it. Also if I try to create a new state that doesn't involve an image (e.g., a dot), the 'Add' button is grayed out.
Hmm, stupid bugs... When you add a new "state" you can now "insert" that state anywhere in the list. But it looks like I forgot to initialize the array index when that dialog loads. A workaround is to simply click up the list anywhere and then add the new state and it should work. (then move it down if you want it at the bottom).

I can fix this in the next release as well.
-Jamz

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Thanks! That workaround works. One other thing I noticed today -- if you bring a token onto the map from your library, and then bring more of the same token, it will correctly add numbers to the copies. And if you bring a token onto the map from your library and then immediately copy and paste it, it will also correctly add numbers to the names of the copies. But if you paste a token on a board, and then copy and paste it again, it will not number the subsequent copies. If you don't change the number manually and then activate some macro that affects that token, it will affect the wrong token.

Are the 'get properties' and 'set properties' functions in the draw explorer supposed to do something? What about the 'show path' option on tokens? If so, I can't figure out what it is supposed to be.

EDIT: I figured out 'show path' -- it wasn't working because of a setting with a framework I was using; when I turned it off, it worked just fine.
Last edited by paulstrait on Tue Jun 20, 2017 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Also, my players want me to reiterate our gratitude for this. The revised macro editor with syntax highlighting blew their minds.

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

One additional issue I found. The getTokenFacing() function doesn't seem to work. Attempts to use it return this error: "java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0 error executing expression getTokenFacing()."

JamzTheMan
Great Wyrm

Post by JamzTheMan »

Regarding draw explorer, I'm not sure. But you can ask Jagged, he wrote that for 1.4.0+ and may be answered in one of those boards?

Re: macro editor, yea, that was a nice library I found, it absolutely drove me nuts not having syntax high lighting & search/replace and hated having to copy/paste/use notepad++. So this was a "I need to add this for my own sanity" lol

Self proclaimed bug report/warning: If you edit a macro from a token (say a lib macro) and change maps and try to save the macro and that token isn't on the current map, it will error out. (I need to disable that dialog I think in these cases and maybe pop an autosave request) but you can go back to the map and save so no loss of code... Just an FYI.

Re: getTokenFacing(), mmm, I will look into that. IIRC we had someone post a code change for that macro and it wasn't good at all. I didn't think it got in there but maybe something got borked... I'll put it on the list!
-Jamz

Jagged
Great Wyrm

Post by Jagged »

paulstrait wrote: Are the 'get properties' and 'set properties' functions in the draw explorer supposed to do something? What about the 'show path' option on tokens? If so, I can't figure out what it is supposed to be.
Yes.

If you have the drawing tool open and a drawing selected then "Get" loads the ink colour, fill colour, line width and opacity into the drawing tool while "Set" overwrites the selected drawing with the settings in the drawing tool.

http://www.rptools.net/2016/06/draw-exp ... roperties/

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Ah, thanks!

Dracwrym
Cave Troll

Post by Dracwrym »

I have not been able to get Wolf42's Bag of Tricks v.42 to work with the latest Nerps version of MapTools. Even when I had it working just fine in the regular version of MT, then open the campaign file in the Nerps version, it still won't work. Is there a way to get relevant information to post here? Are you having the same issues?

Also, when trying to add new states in Campaign Properties, an error would come up saying something about array out of bounds.

Thanks

paulstrait
Dragon

Post by paulstrait »

Dracwrym wrote:I have not been able to get Wolf42's Bag of Tricks v.42 to work with the latest Nerps version of MapTools. Even when I had it working just fine in the regular version of MT, then open the campaign file in the Nerps version, it still won't work. Is there a way to get relevant information to post here? Are you having the same issues?
Yeah, some of the BoT macros in the "Util - VBL" group on the ontokenmove library still rely on the getTokenFacing() function which doesn't work. If you just go through those macros and replace every instance of that function with bot_getTokenFacing() it fixes it.
Dracwrym wrote:Also, when trying to add new states in Campaign Properties, an error would come up saying something about array out of bounds.

Thanks
Yeah that happened to me to (it is noted above). Just click on an already existing state before starting to enter the information for the new state you want to add. Then it will work.

Return to “Testing”