Bahamut's shopping spree

Moderator: LaserWolf

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Bahamut's shopping spree

Post by Sean_Mc »

I thought we might want a place to discuss the items that we're considering choosing via Bahamut's Boon.

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Re: Bahamut's shopping spree

Post by DrPepperMD »

I'm leaning towards the Shield of Ultimate Protection (level 30). It has a daily power that raises all defenses by 5 to the end of the encounter.
Or the Ring of Free Time (level 29), which gives resist 5 all damage plus has a free action encounter power that lets you take an additional minor action on your turn. After a milestone, it becomes an at-will power.
The Gorget of Reciprocity +6 (neck level 30) sounds good too. Daily power immediate reaction wherein when you are hit by an attack, you make it so that your attacker is automatically hit with the same attack, takes the same damage and effects. Would be awesome if you get crit against.

The Shadow Band (level 27 ring) sounds great for Karch. As a minor action, you gain total concealment until the end of your next turn. Or if you do it after reaching a milestone, total concealment until the end of the encounter.

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Post by Sean_Mc »

That shield sounds pretty awesome. Other than Majestic Word, does Zakiti have a lot of minor action powers? To me, that would determine which of the other two would be my second choice.

I'm probably going with the Shadowflow Starleather +6 armor. +6 stealth property, and an encounter minor action to become invisible until the start of my next turn. It could get me out of a jam, or just be a great way to activate my Hide In Plain Sight which lets me stay invisible until I move.
DrPepperMD wrote:The Shadow Band (level 27 ring) sounds great for Karch.
That ring will definitely be my second choice. I already have the Chameleon Ring, which functions very similarly (no concealment needed for stealth checks to hide). Being able to freely hide for two encounters per day would be really nice. And the permanent -2 to attacks against me would be pretty helpful too!

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Post by Sean_Mc »

Add to my list of possibles:
- upgrading my Bracers of Archery to their epic version, increasing my damage bonus from +2 to +6
- Diamond Cincture: +3 Fort and I can spend three surges as at-will minor actions, reducing the Fort bonus by 1 each time I do so. I figure this will come in a bit more handy than my Rope Of Slave Fighting, and might save a Majestic Word too.

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

I'm going to make a big list of possibly useful consumable items here.
POTIONS
* Epic Potion of Vigor (lvl 29) - if any of you have a healing surge value that is less than 35, you should get several of these. When you drink it, you spend a healing surge, but instead of gaining HP, you gain 35 temporary hit points.
* Epic Potion of Regeneration (lvl 29) - spend a healing surge and regen 15 to the end of the encounter while you are bloodied.
* Potion of Recovery (lvl 25) - spend a healing surge and gain 50 hp and make a saving throw against each effect on you that a save can end.
* Deathspawn Potion (lvl 25) - spend a healing surge and gain resist 15 necrotic and resist 15 poison. That poison resistance might come in handy.
CONSUMABLES
* Sliver of Salvation (lvl 27) - gain +6 to your next saving throw.
* Astral Mead (lvl 23) - for the next 12 hours, +2 to endurance checks and regain extra 2 HP when you spend a healing surge.
* Unguent of Blindsight (lvl 21) - as a standard action, rub the unguent on closed eyelids. gain blindsight 10 until the end of the encounter.
* Gem of Valor (lvl 20) - free action when you spend an action point. gain either +1 to defenses for one turn, +1 to attacks for one turn, or with a 20 gain an extra standard action that you must spend before the end of your next turn.
* Shard of Freedom (lvl 15) - minor action. the next time an effect immobilizes you in the encounter, you are not immobilized.
* Sliver of Stability (lvl 13) - minor action. the next time you fall prone, you can stay standing instead. This might come in handy. Don't forget that if you are knocked prone while you are flying (which we might be), you fall.
* Madstone (lvl 8) - immediate reaction to being hit by an attack. You spend a healing surge or end on effect on you that a save can end. Negative to this is that you can no longer shift for the rest of the encounter.
* Syllable of Grace (lvl 2) - free action, you gain +2 to your initiative roll.
SOULFANGS - soulfangs are like hypodermic needles. You gain a special effect, but you have to take damage equal to one half your healing surge value at the start of every turn until you remove it. You cannot decrease this damage by any means.
* Soulfang of Retribution (lvl 30) - each enemy that hits you with an attack takes 14 necrotic damage.
* Ironskin Soulfang (lvl 30) - gain resist 15 to all damage.

Krissy907
Kobold

Post by Krissy907 »

I don't feel like typing it all out so I uploaded a pdf to google docs of all the consumables Sirkana purchased. I'm starting to wonder if there is a limit to the number of things a character can drink before a battle. Will she get a -2 to fortitude for being gassy?

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... j&hl=en_US

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Post by Sean_Mc »

I know it's less than 12 hours until our game, but here are a few thoughts/questions:

Just how many potions/consumables can we consume? With our effectively unlimited amount of gold, everyone is probably carrying every potion of level 25+, plus all of the stuff on Dr. P's list. Is there a limit on how much we can use?

According to the Party Equipment page, as of nearly 3 months ago we already have 12 potions of recovery, 7 potions of vitality, 5 potions of life, 4 potions of resistance, and 3 potions of vigor. Considering that, we might actually be carrying TWO of everything per person.

I've never looked at ammunition before, but there are a few +6 bolts that I'd pick up. Are they consumable, or do they return to the user (an amusing mental image)? I assume the +6 replaces the bonus granted by the weapon?

Karch would be purchasing the following ammo, assuming some sort of limitation is in place:
2 Forbiddance Bolts (enemy can't tele, and no creature can tele to within 2 of it)
6 Dispelling Bolts (end one conjuration or zone that the enemy created)
1 Space-Shifting Bolt (teleport the enemy 1 square)

Obviously, if the ammunition returns to Karch, then only one of each.

So yeah, some very last-minute questions to end the adventure. :-)

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Potions or consumables will last until the end of the encounter or for 5 minutes, whichever comes first. If you figure, conservatively, that this epic battle will take 20 rounds (2 minutes) - that leaves you 3 minutes or 30 rounds to go hog wild. I have to believe that would be plenty, but if you were to drink the potions strategically (drinking the ones first that are most likely to be needed first) you could easily buy another 10 rounds' worth. You may also cast as many rituals as you like beforehand, assuming that you can align the casting times and the durations properly.

Quoth Adventurer's Vault 2, re: ammunition: "Enchanted arrows, bolts, and sling bullets can be activated and fired from ranged weapons to achieve exceptional results. You must load magic ammunition before you can activate and fire it (spending whatever action is necessary to do so) and it's used up when fired. When used with powers that target multiple enemies, magic ammunition affects only the first attack roll or target after it's loaded. In certain circumstances (such as when loading is a free action), however, a ranged attacker can load more magic ammunition during an attack against multiple targets if desired. Ammunition applies an enhancement bonus to an attack roll and damage roll when used. If the projectile weapon is magical, use the ammunition's enhancement bonus in place of the weapon's enhancement bonus. The weapon's critical bonus and the properties from both the weapon and the ammunition still apply. Using magic ammunition doesn't prevent you from activating a magic weapon's powers. You can fire magic ammunition without activation it, using your weapon's enhancement bonus and receiving no benefit from the ammunition's magic. The ammunition is still expended."

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

Zakiti bought:
3x Slivers of Salvation (epic)
Immurement of Arcane Suspension
Astral Mead
Unguent of Blindsight
Gem of Valor
3x Shards of Freedom
3x Slivers of Stability
Madstone
Ironskin Soulfang
Elixir of Fortitude
Elixir of Reflex
Elixir of Will
-----------------

Looking at our accumulated potions, we have enough that each of us can assume that we are carrying:
2 potions of recovery, a potion of vitality, and a potion of life.

Return to “FB Scales of War”