Character updates/questions

Moderator: LaserWolf

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Character updates/questions

Post by Sean_Mc »

Here is the even more specialized-er Level 29 Karch. The highlight is a new daily that deals 7[W] damage, and *doubles* any Sneak or crit damage dealt. So under perfect circumstances (including maxing crit bonus), that's a potential for 257 (42+15+40+40+60+60) damage! That's just silly.

Builder file:
https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B1TgHs ... l&hl=en_US

PDF:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... 5&hl=en_US

Question on Sniper Action: The builder-generated character sheet says "ranged attack". Martial Power says "ranged basic attack". I didn't catch an errata on it, but I also don't have Compendium access. Have I been short-changing myself by only using it for basic attacks?

LaserWolf
Dragon

Re: Character updates/questions

Post by LaserWolf »

Compendium says "ranged basic attack" so probably just an oversight in the CB.

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

I went with Hero's Beacon for Zakiti's level 29. It replaces Satire of Prowess. Hero's Beacon is a melee power. It's nice to have a melee daily power for when I pre-crit. Hero's Beacon creates a zone of bright radiant light in a burst 2 centered on the target. The zone lasts to the end of the encounter, remaining centered on the target. Zakiti's allies who start within the zone regain 8 HP. Enemies that start within the zone take 10 radiant damage.

EDIT: Character Sheet is at https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... l&hl=en_US

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Post by Sean_Mc »

It finally happened. Karch finally banked enough gold to get the Epic Bag Of Tricks. Or more precisely, he has enough to upgrade his Rust to Vermilion.

BoT(V) = 2,125,000
BoT(R) = 85,000
------------------
upgrade 2,040,000

And Karch is carrying 2,073,429, which will leave him with a grand total of 33,429gp remaining. The usefulness of the BoT is somewhat suspect, but it's just too darn fun to reach in and pull out a friggin Carrion Crawler!

Sean_Mc
Kobold

Post by Sean_Mc »

LaserWolf wrote:probably just an oversight in the CB.
Surely you aren't suggesting that Wizards software is anything less than perfect?!?

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

Sean_Mc wrote:
LaserWolf wrote:probably just an oversight in the CB.
Surely you aren't suggesting that Wizards software is anything less than perfect?!?
Blasphemy, I know!

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

In a quest to maximize Zakiti's Arcana skill (for the purposes of getting the most out of Trick of Knowledge), Zakiti is going to replace its Gargoyle Ring with a Ring of Wizardry (epic tier). Besides the +3 to Arcana, there is a daily power that lets the user regain an arcane encounter utility power as a minor action. If the user has reached a milestone, they can instead regain an arcane attack encounter power. I'll probably plan on doing that with it, because it seems unlikely that Zakiti will need any of those utility powers more than once per encounter.

Then Zakiti is going to get an Eager Hero's Tattoo (paragon tier). With that you gain temporary hit points with every short rest. And finally, Zakiti is getting a new head item (sorry styks), the Iron of Spite (epic tier). That gives a +6 to Arcana and Intimidate, plus a property wherein enemies who hit Zakiti with a melee attack take d10 damage.

Code: Select all

$2261607 GP
========
  286607 GP
Changes were made to the OP page.

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

I don't have access to the compendium at the moment, but I'd make sure the Arcana bonuses stack. If they're both Item bonuses, they won't.

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

You know what, the Character Builder did actually figure that properly, as Zakiti's Arcana went from 31 to 37, which was the +6 the head item provided. Well I will cancel the Ring of Wizardry then, keep the Gargoyle's Ring, and instead switch from Gloves of the Healer (paragon) to Gloves of the Healer (epic)? Is it possible to upgrade the ones I have to save some money, and if so what would the upgrade cost?

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

DrPepperMD wrote:Is it possible to upgrade the ones I have to save some money, and if so what would the upgrade cost?
Absolutely, and it works just like upgrading magic weapons/armor in that you pay just the difference in cost between the two items.

Krissy907
Kobold

Post by Krissy907 »

Krissy907
Kobold

Post by Krissy907 »

I decided to go with the Radiant Quarterstaff +6 as my magic item of choice. It fits in perfectly with Sirkana's Radiant One epic destiny.

With the Radiant Quarterstaff she can change all damage she deals with it to radiant. At will, free action. That can come in mighty handy. Plus it adds an extra +6 to radiant damage. So Sirkana will now hold a staff in each hand, with the Wicked Fang Longsword +4 on her back as an alternate. The Arrow of Fate +6 has the insane crit against dragons and immortals, so which implement she uses will depend on what she is attacking. Since she is holding both she can just decide which to use each round.

Here is my new sheet: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... j&hl=en_US

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

Krissy907 wrote:Sirkana's level 29 sheet is here: https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid= ... 5&hl=en_US
How does Dual Implement Spellcaster work? If you're doing Deceptive Shadows with the Arrow of Fate, the damage would normally be 3d8+6 (Intelligence Bonus) + 6 (Enhancement Bonus) + 3 (Astral Fire). With Dual Implement Spellcaster and the Wicked Fang Longsword in the other hand, does that add 4 more damage?

LaserWolf
Dragon

Post by LaserWolf »

DrPepperMD wrote:With Dual Implement Spellcaster and the Wicked Fang Longsword in the other hand, does that add 4 more damage?
Correct. You add the enhancement bonus of your offhand implement to your damage rolls (as an untyped bonus).

DrPepperMD
Kobold

Post by DrPepperMD »

After everyone else left I told Mike that I was going with the Shield of Ultimate Protection. I then suggested we disenchant some magic items again. Other than the Ring of Traded Knowledge, the Assassin's Cloak, and the Phoenix Helm (epic), everything else was disenchanted. New residuum total is on the OP page. Sean, you had the Ring of Traded Knowledge before. Are you still interested in it? Otherwise I'd like to have it so that I can have an at-will power that pushes the enemy if I should need it.

Return to “FB Scales of War”