Character Creation

Moderator: Wargoose

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Character Creation

Post by Wargoose »

Thread for all character creation questions.

Campaign/Character Creation Guide.
1. Characters start at Level 1 using the standard point buy.

2. You can use any of the Core 4e Books:
PH 1,2,3, Races
Powers:Arcane, Divine, Martial 1&2, Primal, Psionic
Eberron Players Guide (I would recommend reading some of this so you get the feeling for the campaign.
Forgotten Realms & Dark Sun Players Guides: Race & Class stuff, Nothing that is specific to the setting like spellscars and the like.
Essentials

3. Using Skype for voice

4. Tokens: DN5/Veggie 2.3

The one this that I caution you on is that I do not own all these books. I can look stuff up, but thats it. Please understand your character because I might not be able to help you. Also, keep in mind that I haven't even looked at any of the Essentials stuff yet so I might have a learning curve on rules changes and such.

As for house rules. I can't think of any right now but if you have any ideas throw them out and we can take a look at them.

shamballa
Giant

Re: Character Creation

Post by shamballa »

The only real changes made that effect non-essentials characters IMO is the new human racial power (they can choose between a third at will or adding a +4 to an attack or skill roll that they failed once a turn), all the races eventually being updated to the pb3 format (a primary and a choice of two secondary stats), magic items based on rarity, and rogues getting sneak attack multiple times a round (but not in the same turn).

martyr2
Cave Troll

Post by martyr2 »

The human power is an encounter power, but otherwise, yeah thats pretty much it. Rogues can do SA once per turn, rather than 1/round now. And some new feats. There havent been that many changes (and most of them are in the errata doc anyhow, for a more digest version)
RPGA #5223868560
Skype ID: greatoak70

LFR Characters
Chotak, lvl 5 Brutal Scoundrel Rogue
Sil Gridolin, lvl 2 Earthstrength Warden
Zorgo, lvl 1 Two Blade Ranger

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

.... really do need to consider stop posting when I'm exhausted....

imperialjunkie
Giant

Post by imperialjunkie »

shamballa wrote:.... really do need to consider stop posting when I'm exhausted....
Yeah, but it gets your post count up. :D

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

imperialjunkie wrote:
shamballa wrote:.... really do need to consider stop posting when I'm exhausted....
Yeah, but it gets your post count up. :D
This is true. Yay post count!

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Post by Wargoose »

Just a note as I'm sitting here configuring all the travel stuff. I know this is a little diffrent from the way other campaigns are run, so dont worry. I'm not going to blind side you on anything. If there is an obvious weekness in the party, we will work together to get around it. I don't plan on running you guys into a buzzsaw, but you still need to be ready. Also, (little hint) when it comes to your equipment, consentrate on your personal stuff. Obviously before you are sent out you will have time to equip yourself for a specific mission. House Deneith equips their mercenaries before hand (for a modest price of course). Anyone have any questions on anything that I can answer?
-- \\/argoose --
LFR - Lucan, Elf Ranger H1 Where has Lucan been? | RPGA# 9214081275 | Skype: dtab55 | Style: Explorer/Watcher | High, Low... Doesn't matter, I came to kick some goblin a$$

DM - Sellswords of Eberron

imperialjunkie
Giant

Post by imperialjunkie »

Wargoose wrote:Also, (little hint) when it comes to your equipment, consentrate on your personal stuff.
I'm assuming from this and other stuff you've posted that you're into resource management then? I'm totally cool with it as a player, but as a DM... God bless you. I never have the patience to manage details. :D

Sepp
Dragon

Post by Sepp »

Wargoose wrote:Just a note as I'm sitting here configuring all the travel stuff. I know this is a little diffrent from the way other campaigns are run, so dont worry. I'm not going to blind side you on anything. If there is an obvious weekness in the party, we will work together to get around it. I don't plan on running you guys into a buzzsaw, but you still need to be ready. Also, (little hint) when it comes to your equipment, consentrate on your personal stuff. Obviously before you are sent out you will have time to equip yourself for a specific mission. House Deneith equips their mercenaries before hand (for a modest price of course). Anyone have any questions on anything that I can answer?

I was planning on using Nature to live off the land for myself, seeing my Ranger as a rather woodsy sort. I'm not sure I can feed a whole party, though.

shamballa
Giant

Post by shamballa »

Looks like it is a hunting time. :D

If you want I have no trouble keeping management of my resources (I have my ammunition built into my token to keep track of how much I have left). Sunrods and such should be relatively easy to keep track of.... food though.... I've never done.... could be interesting.

Wargoose
Cave Troll

Post by Wargoose »

Food is actually easier then you think. Its not like your breaking it down by meals, you just break it down per day. Even hunting awards per day, and if you hit high enough, for up to five. Like I said, I know alot of it is new to the way most people play, do I'm going to guide you through it at first. I do hope that it doesn't get boring. I did just break it down into skill challenges to speed it up, so heres hopeing.

Plus it gives you a little XP for doing things that you should be doing.
-- \\/argoose --
LFR - Lucan, Elf Ranger H1 Where has Lucan been? | RPGA# 9214081275 | Skype: dtab55 | Style: Explorer/Watcher | High, Low... Doesn't matter, I came to kick some goblin a$$

DM - Sellswords of Eberron

Return to “Archive”