MT 1.3b57 Progress - Take2

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MT 1.3b57 Progress - Take2

Post by trevor »

OK I'm finally getting back up to speed (wow, has it _really_ been nearly 2 months ?!)

I think I've got all but one or two (non new-feature) patches applied.

Here's the current changelog, I plan to add a few more bug fixes then call b57 done. If you have the source code, please update and check these changes please.

Build 57
* Spanish translation updated (Contributed by Patricio)
* Update French translation (Contributed by Pierre Simonutti)
* Two Image Bars that are located on the Left or Right to fill from bottom to top, instead of top to bottom. (Contributed by Marc King)
* Hex grid size fixes, plus Humongous size (Contributed by Phergus)
* Tweaked the token layout so that there is more latitude to position images based on the token image dimensions and cell size. (Contributed by Phergus)
* Fix bug: line drawing has bizarre artifacts (Contributed by galneweinhaw)
* Update unix launch scripts and README (Contributed by azhrei)
* Fix bug: token rotation needs to keep in the range of 0-360 (Contributed by zEal)
* Rename "GM" group in map explorer to "Hidden" (Contributed by zEal)
* Add Previous Action menu item to initiative panel (Contributed by Sam Pullara)
* Prevent a player naming a token the same as an existing token (prevent impersonate hijack) (Contributed by Cronk)
* Prompt to save campaign when creating a new campaign (Contributed by Cronk)
* Fix bug: NullPointerException when using an unknown sight type (Contributed by jfrazierjr)

Galneweinhaw
*Fix bug: Resizing a rotated object is really weird *Note not perfect, but functional.
*Fix bug: Draw an oval topology bug:
*Fix bug: Token Resizing un-selected token:
*Fix bug: Various fine drawing and vbl bugs:
*Fix bug: Draw Freehand lines
*Large hex-shaped token rotation

Azrei
* Fix dorpond's bug where a player can click the ROUND button in the init panel and reset the round to 1!
* Fix an NPE in the mouse handling of the init panel.
* Add extra checks for centering of the view when the GM double-clicks on an entry in the init panel.

Jay
* Fix bug: Multiple clients stepping on each other's initiative updates.
* Fix bug: Token state changes not updated on local client's initiative panel.
* GM can now lock movement for players when their token doesn't have initiative.
* Fix Bug: Tokens on hidden layer were visible to players in the init panel.
* Fix Bug: When the initiative list was modified (token added, moved, deleted, or the list sorted) the current initiative would change.
* Option to show initiative values on second line.
* GM can now set the current initiative through the menu & popup

Craig W:
* Macro buttons with "Apply To Selected" checked will not run if there are no selected tokens (same as b54 and earlier)
* /sts will now propagate changes to clients
* distanceToXY function no longer tries to read token name and metric from the same parameter
* isOwner function now returns the correct type
* moveToken() now plays nicely with hexes when using distance per cell setting
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MT 1.3b57 Progress - Take2

Post by dorpond »

"* Fix dorpond's bug where a player can click the ROUND button in the init panel and reset the round to 1!"

Not my bug! I don't code! I just identified the bug and posted about it! :lol: 8)

Glad you fixed it though, Azhrei - thanks! :)
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

When I open a fresh instance of MT and go File -> Connect to Server, it comes up and asks me if I want to save my campaign first. That will get very annoying.
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Not sure what in my testing caused it but after around 15 minutes of messing around, I saw this in eclipse:

java.lang.NullPointerException
at net.rptools.maptool.server.ServerMethodHandler.undoDraw(ServerMethodHandler.java:475)
at net.rptools.maptool.server.ServerMethodHandler.handleMethod(ServerMethodHandler.java:100)
at net.rptools.clientserver.hessian.AbstractMethodHandler.handleMessage(AbstractMethodHandler.java:61)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.AbstractConnection.dispatchMessage(AbstractConnection.java:68)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.server.ServerConnection.handleMessage(ServerConnection.java:80)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.AbstractConnection.dispatchMessage(AbstractConnection.java:68)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.client.ClientConnection.access$3(ClientConnection.java:1)
at net.rptools.clientserver.simple.client.ClientConnection$ReceiveThread.run(ClientConnection.java:188)

The only things I really did was:
1. Notice how it prompted my about saving the campaign during connect (as I noted previously in this thread)
2. Played with InitPanel to see locked movement. (Very cool btw) (I also tested this when owning 2 different tokens)
3. Saw how I could put Initiative scores on a second line (another very cool option)

trevor

Post by trevor »

It's complaining about an undo action. Did you maybe accidentally hit undo without any drawings on the map ?

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Actually, I may have done that Trevor. I think I control-shift-z instead of p to switch to player view. Monday morning. I was hitting all sorts of keys trying to remember GM keystrokes (I have been a player for serveral months now).

pelwer
Cave Troll

Post by pelwer »

Folks,

I don't see this one on the list:
http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9665
A little nonsense, now and then, is relished by the wisest men. - Willy Wonka

Currently playing Savage Worlds in the home-brew world of Shadora.
We are looking for players! PM me if interested.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Azhrei, could you check the source and see if it includes that patch ?

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I don't think it was any patch of mine, but one that I had read had been submitted. :(

I'll do some searching when I get home tonight and see what I can find, but I think I checked the source where the exception pointed and I had found an if() statement to work around the NPE. I need to let you know if I have any init panel merge conflicts anyway.

Expect an email around 8PM EDT or so. :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Cool thanks for checking into that azhrei !

trevor

Post by trevor »

I've been investigating the token-move-memory-explosion-lockup issue.

First off, I found that moving a token around with the Auto Expose flag on was exposing fog even though fog was turned off. So I fixed that, which means you won't run into that problem when you aren't using fog.

So the problem will still exist when you have fog turned on. From what I can tell, the java geometry classes are blowing up when trying to add all the curved sight lines to the exposed area shape. But only sometimes. Which is weird.

If you have the source code checked out, could you follow these steps:

1) create a default map
2) turn fog on
3) turn map lights to night
4) add a token, set it to PC
5) move the token around (to new locations so as to force more exposed area)
6) after a dozen or so moves, see that MT seems to lock up

This will verify that you get the issue, then:

4a) Set the sight type to Normal - Short Range on the Config tab

then rerun the test, see if the problem still shows up. I'm guessing that it's having a hard time with the default huge vision range.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Oh yeah, be sure to have the memory settings to something like 64meg, that seems to exacerbate the problem

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I have not been able to reproduce this Trevor, but then again, I have no idea how to tell Eclipse to only use 64 meg when running MT, so I left out that last step.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

trevor wrote:From what I can tell, the java geometry classes are blowing up when trying to add all the curved sight lines to the exposed area shape.
If vision was rendered as something like a 12 sided polygon would that help address the problem?

If so, I'm wondering if giving people a custom vision rendering shape might be a performance enhancement feature. Maybe give people an 8 to 20 sided option over a circle.

And haven't 4e people been looking for a square vision option? Seems like that would get rid of all the curved sight lines for them (not that I'm a fan of square vision.)
Maptool is the Millennium Falcon of VTT's -- "She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts."

trevor

Post by trevor »

It's definitely the curves that are causing the problem.

Return to “Developer Notes”