MT 1.3b60 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MT 1.3b60 Progress

Post by trevor »

I apologize for the delay, it's apparently my turn on the employment roulette. My company's primary funding source dried up, so the company pretty much dissolved all development positions.

So I've been spending the past few days getting the wheels moving on some new opportunities. Once that's settled I'll have (quite a bit) more time to get caught up :)

So far there have been several bugfixes for the initpanel, the drawables, and a couple misc bugs.

I'll post more details when I get the contributed patches checked in.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Mrugnak
Dragon

Re: MT 1.3b57 Progress

Post by Mrugnak »

I'm sorry to hear about your job loss Trevor. I wish I had a lead to hand you, but we just filled our last dev position, and somehow I don't think you want to relocate to Canada just before winter starts...

Although I confess I'm a bit confused. Aren't we on 1.3b59 already?

trevor

Re: MT 1.3b57 Progress

Post by trevor »

Mrugnak wrote:I'm sorry to hear about your job loss Trevor. I wish I had a lead to hand you, but we just filled our last dev position, and somehow I don't think you want to relocate to Canada just before winter starts...
Heh, actually I've already gotten several very strong leads, so I'm not worried at all. Thanks for the sentiment though :)
Mrugnak wrote: Although I confess I'm a bit confused. Aren't we on 1.3b59 already?
Ah crap, stinking cut and paste !

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: MT 1.3b60 Progress

Post by Azhrei »

trevor wrote:Heh, actually I've already gotten several very strong leads, so I'm not worried at all. Thanks for the sentiment though :)
Yeah, I somehow didn't think you'd be in that situation any longer than you wanted to be. :)

I'm looking for a contract job... Perl, PHP, Unix/Linux sys admin. The wife would prefer (a) not to move because of the situation with her dad and (b) that I not spend every week out of town to work in another city. That only leaves working locally (there isn't much of that) or finding a job elsewhere that would let me work remotely most of the time (and contracting gigs where you aren't under their eye every minute of the first few weeks/months is pretty tough to find with a previous history with the client).

However, I may be able to get 10k-15k for my domain name (eec.com) but that's a one-time income source. :(
Mrugnak wrote:Although I confess I'm a bit confused. Aren't we on 1.3b59 already?
Ah crap, stinking cut and paste !
I updated the title on this last message so that future ones will have the right subject line by default. :)

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Best of luck on the job hunt, you two. At least you guys are qualified for the work you're looking for. My friend Tom had some horrendous stories of some of the flotsam that were employed with him at Lucent years ago.
I cast firecube! ~4E

Notsonoble
Dragon

Post by Notsonoble »

Good luck with the job hunt... and at least your in Austin... Lubbock's not exactly begging for server operators or support right now...
My D&D/Roleplaying Blog Making a new effort to update every two weeks!
Notsonoble's Samsung Galaxy S

nolgroth
Dragon

Post by nolgroth »

Good luck on finding new employment.

trevor

Post by trevor »

A little over a week later and I've got two solid incoming offers, one of which I'm pretty interested in. It's been great having a break, although I use that term loosely, I'm only just now getting my honey-do list small enough to spend time on the computer during the day without feeling guilty :)

So on with b60 !

Natha
Dragon

Post by Natha »

Great news (on every subjects ;) )
ImageImageImageImage

brad
Great Wyrm

Post by brad »

trevor wrote:A little over a week later and I've got two solid incoming offers, one of which I'm pretty interested in. It's been great having a break, although I use that term loosely, I'm only just now getting my honey-do list small enough to spend time on the computer during the day without feeling guilty :)

So on with b60 !
It is amazing how huge that honey-do list can get, isn't it? And good to hear you are finding work that is interesting to you and not just a pay the bills deal.
View MapTool video tutorials at RPToolsTutorials.net

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

brad wrote:It is amazing how huge that honey-do list can get, isn't it?
I can't code, but I can cut lawns. PM me if you need some help on that front! ;)

Glad to hear about the prospects!

trevor

Post by trevor »

OK, here's the list so far. I'll get the internal testing machine working, and do a build later Monday if things look clear:

Build 60
* Fix bug: MT errors when drawing map if vision opacity setting is out of range
* Remove the "save as old format" dialog, no longer in use, but shows up occasionally for some reason
* Don't change the clipboard contents on copy/paste if no tokens are selected (Contributed by phergus)
* Reap link dead clients more regularly (client connection list should drop ghost players)
* Make "Boot Connection" a server side action (works on link dead connections)
* Fix bug: saving when map area is not visible throws an error

Contributed by Cheesethulu
* Correct the bounding box for the line template.
* Fix bug: A line template that had its first and second vertices the same would throw an NPE when getting its bounding box
* Fix bug: LineTemplateTool is calculating the quadrant of a line template incorrectly, so when the origin of the map wasn't at the top-left of the view it would sometimes get the direction wrong.
* Fix bug: Unfilled, erasing drawables delete drawables contained within their interior when load time optimization occurs
* Fix bug: dropping a saved token on to the map resets the token's size and shape

Contributed by gramathy
* Fixes a bug where changing the sight name breaks mouseover sight display for a token
* Fixes a bug where changing the default sight name breaks mouseover sight display for tokens with nonexistent sight types.

Jay
* Fix bug: Clients getting exception when server calls removeFromInitiative() on selected token.
* Fix bug: The logging-macros.xml was incorrect and some of the output was still going to stdout.
* Fix bug: Deleting items from initiative was not restoring the current pointer to the right token.
* Fix bug: Some Init panel choices where not remembered from session to session.
* Fix bug: Drag & Drop from IT to MT not handling new macro format.
* Fix bug: Changing Show Init & 2nd Line options on Init panel wasn't resizing list panel properly.
* Fix bug: When Show 2nd line Init option was on but show init was off on the init panel the list items were not painting correctly.
* Fix bug: Dragging the last token in the initiative list to the bottom of the list when it is current would move the current selection to the token above it.
* Fix bug: Initiative list unit of work not handling all cases correctly.
* Added setCurrentMap() function to allow initiative to be moved from map to map in macros.
* Fix bug: The Initiative panel's lock movement was affecting tokens even if there weren't any tokens in the initiative list.
* Fix bug: The drag and drop of images from Firefox was transmitting the images as BMP files and losing transparency.
* Fix bug: If an NPC token was not visible to players it's label was blue when it should have been gray

plothos
Great Wyrm

Post by plothos »

trevor wrote: * Added setCurrentMap() function to allow initiative to be moved from map to map in macros.
How's this work, exactly?
Drop-In Utilities:
My Spell Manager for D&D3.5 and PFRPG
My Inventory Manager for D&D and PFRPG, but more generally useable than that.
My Message Manager -- My Top-Down D&D Token Images
and my Custom Initiative & Status/Spell-Effect Tracker (work in progress, but functional).

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Trevor said:
* Fix bug: dropping a saved token on to the map resets the token's size and shape

(I know this fix wasn't done by you, Trevor)

Hey Trevor, there was a part 2 to this issue where the 'Has Sight' setting in an RPTok file is being ignored and defaulting to ON when added to the map as a PC.

While I see your logic on why you forced that originally (when vision was first implemented) -- I just don't think we should anymore. If we save an RPTok with no sight, it should come in with no sight.

(This is essential if we want to be able to place our own summoned creatures, familiars, drop our weapon, etc as a player)

Think you could fix that up too for B60?
How to use my bundled artwork (MT1.3B60+): http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=11759

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

plothos wrote:
trevor wrote: * Added setCurrentMap() function to allow initiative to be moved from map to map in macros.
How's this work, exactly?
setCurrentMap("map-name"). I added it for somebody who said they needed to write a macro that shifts tokens and initiative from one map to another. I don't remember how he was going to do it and I can't find the post right now...

Return to “Developer Notes”