MapTool Build 100 development progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool Build 100 development progress

Post by trevor »

Finished the integration of the adjust grid tool (Down with the dialog!), which, while I was working on the dialog, found that the grid move didn't work correctly when the map is scaled ... and apparently never did. So I fixed that, so the grid now tracks the mouse correctly when scaled :)

Also, we got some new original art from the talented Jennifer Flemming to create a default token set from (will show up by default in the image explorer panel). These will be integrated into build 100 too ! WOOO !

We had a design meeting yesterday and decided on how to do the token stack management, so I'm going to get that put in too. I should have several hours of coding time tonight, so I might be able to get it out tmrw.

This is how we're going to build the first pass at token stack management:

- Right click a stack->Unstack will put the stack popup panel above the stack, which you can then drag out from
- Alternatively as a shortcut you can just double click a stack to get the stack popup panel

When we put in token properties, if you double click a single token it will pop up the token property dialog, if you double click a stack, you'll get the panel with all the stacked tokens, which you can then double click a token to get the properties.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update. I didn't get to the token stack stuff last night, but I was able to make it so that you can adjust the grid on unbounded maps.

I'm still planning a release tonight, but token stack management will probably wait until build 101.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you
for puting the unbound grid adjust in :D :D :D :D :D :D
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

BTW, the new dialog is unclosable, and for an unbounded the slider and hotkeys adjust the grid rather than zooming the map.

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

Excellent! :D
Best of both worlds for the adjust grid! I new you guys could do it :)

I don't think it's up for the zip archive though... I had to use the websart to find it :o
Game On!

trevor

Post by trevor »

brisingre wrote:BTW, the new dialog is unclosable, and for an unbounded the slider and hotkeys adjust the grid rather than zooming the map.
Could you give me steps to reproduce this ? It closes for me when I change tools. Maybe I'm not hitting the right sequence of events

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

Oh, I didn't htink of that. meant that there was no close box. Sorry.

trevor

Post by trevor »

brisingre wrote:for an unbounded the slider and hotkeys adjust the grid rather than zooming the map.
Ahh, the textures should zoom too, that's right. I'll take a look.

trevor

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
brisingre wrote:for an unbounded the slider and hotkeys adjust the grid rather than zooming the map.
Ahh, the textures should zoom too, that's right. I'll take a look.
Done.

It was easier than I thought. In fact, the tweak improved memory quite a bit, especially for large textures, at the expense of a very very small speed hit (you probably won't even notice).

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

The new zoom is soooo slick. I downloaded Emryys Type S scout map and had the sucker up with a grid in no time. I don't know why one has a grid size of 57 and the other 33 but with the new tool it was all of 5 seconds to figure it out.

Thanks for a great solution,
The Forum Troll
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

trevor

Post by trevor »

Sweet :)

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

RPTroll wrote:I downloaded Emryys Type S scout map and had the sucker up with a grid in no time
8)

The Zip archive is still build 99 :?
Game On!

Mr.Ice
RPTools Team

Post by Mr.Ice »

Emryys wrote:The Zip archive is still build 99 :?
Sorry about that, I got a little over-zealous on the bandwidth limiting changes.

I pushed the zip downloads out to sourceforge, but we've decided not to try to manage all the development(alpha) builds on sourceforge so they'll get stale fast.

Now you can happily continue to use the alpha zip link.

zip downloads are something like 80% of the site traffic, so we'll be leaving the beta (and future "release" versions) on sourceforge.

Return to “Developer Notes”