Rumors of my demise are inaccurate

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Blakey
Dragon

Re: Rumors of my demise are inaccurate

Post by Blakey »

So..... 6 months since Trevor has visited us.....

What is the plan regarding MT v1.4 now guys? Is this something we are expecting Trevor to be doing, or does it come down to us now?

If it's down to us now, I'm happy to contribute to the work developing our beloved application if I'm wanted. I submit my TokenMaker app as my CV (and yes I really am that crap!!). I can probably sign up to give say 3-4 hours a week to the project. I'm not happy committing to more than that really.

Do we have a real plan for what is going to happen to MT in future? The last thing I want to do is encourage "stealing" it from Trevor - and if he's coming back to work on it as he did on previous versions I'll be cheering from the roof tops. But equally, if he's not then perhaps it's time we really got moving forward with development of 1.4?

Curious for everyone's thoughts...

Blakey the Java-Noob.
The guy in the green hat.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: Rumors of my demise are inaccurate

Post by jfrazierjr »

Blakey wrote:So..... 6 months since Trevor has visited us.....

What is the plan regarding MT v1.4 now guys? Is this something we are expecting Trevor to be doing, or does it come down to us now?

If it's down to us now, I'm happy to contribute to the work developing our beloved application if I'm wanted. I submit my TokenMaker app as my CV (and yes I really am that crap!!). I can probably sign up to give say 3-4 hours a week to the project. I'm not happy committing to more than that really.

Do we have a real plan for what is going to happen to MT in future? The last thing I want to do is encourage "stealing" it from Trevor - and if he's coming back to work on it as he did on previous versions I'll be cheering from the roof tops. But equally, if he's not then perhaps it's time we really got moving forward with development of 1.4?

Curious for everyone's thoughts...

Blakey the Java-Noob.
OK.. so long story short: Trevor has been in contact with Azhrei and given the go ahead. Azhrei, Craig, Jay and a few others are talking about direction right now. PM Azhrei if you really want to get involved, though at this point, it's just high level design thoughts going on.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Return to “Developer Notes”