SVN: MapTool 5286

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

SVN: MapTool 5286

Post by Azhrei »

Please do an update against the SVN repository and check out the latest fixes. Here's a summary of things to look at in particular:

*Added code to disable performance counters when the corresponding logger is turned off (might save us a few cpu cycles here and there)

*Move CodeTimer static field into the PersistenceUtil.saveCampaign() method to avoid concurrency issues when an autosave occurs during a regular File > Save Campaign

*Fix drawings on Hidden layer being "above" tokens on the same layer (should be below; http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=14344)

*Some bug fixes for importing maps (correct GUID in Zone, for example)

*Problem with importing a token macro with accented characters in it (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 41#p151609); fix required restructuring PackedFile.putFile() methods

*Remove redundant entries from the resource library list upon startup; and prevent redundant entries from being saved

*Patch for preventing token names from being empty (Rumble)

*Updated the German translation (aPown)

*Patch for turning on word wrapping in textareas (kkragenbrink)

*getTokenX() should return a BigDecimal value (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 46#p154261)

*Assets marked as "broken" in the campaign file were not restored properly; warnings added to the log file -- change to popup box to alert GM as well?

*Reported by aliasmask via PM; fixed by Rumble: weirdness on double-clicking a token on a stack

*Updated Spanish translation (patoace)

*Chat notifiers -- messages that indicate someone else is typing (Rumble; http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... 45#p152754)

*Four different opacity levels on Preferences dialog (halo, aura, light, fog). This effectively allows soft fog to be turned off by setting it to 255.

I'm likely to put out b67 tomorrow. I still need to hear from gioppo re: an Abeille form but the basics of his VBL-while-drawing patch look okay. That means a few other items (like a sound being played on gaining initiative) will need to wait for b68; likely two weeks at the earliest.

I spent a few hours this evening trying to get my branch merged back into the trunk. I still don't understand how I finally managed to get it to work. I expected to be able to have the branch in my workspace then select Team > Merge... and specify the trunk. But Eclipse seemed to always think I actually had the trunk checked out so it didn't merge anything. I finally reverted to the trunk and then specified particular revisions from the branch and the merge worked. At least, I think that's what triggered it. :? (That's just FYI and as a note for myself on what to do next time. :roll:)

Rumble
Deity

Re: SVN: MapTool 5286

Post by Rumble »

I'm not seeing any of the chat notification stuff in there (did you make a different branch for that, or is that in the trunk? Maybe the merge didn't happen properly?) I see some icons in the image directory, but the CommandPanel code and so forth doesn't appear to be updated.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Well, it's supposed to be there. I'll wipe out my current installation and grab the code again. It may have gotten lost with all the branch merging stuff going on. :(

It'll take a bit though as I'm busy right now...

Rumble
Deity

Post by Rumble »

Azhrei wrote:Well, it's supposed to be there. I'll wipe out my current installation and grab the code again. It may have gotten lost with all the branch merging stuff going on. :(

It'll take a bit though as I'm busy right now...
No hurry; I was surprised it was even going to be in there given that it's a significant patch.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Well, it did take some time to evaluate and I have some suggestions, but I'll send you a PM about those.

Something happened during the merge and most of your patch files went missing. :? I had the AppPreferences and PreferencesDialog intact, but the other changes were gone?! Anyway, I applied the patch again and just excluded those two files and everything looks fine. They are included in SVN 5287 if you want to update.

Return to “Developer Notes”