New wiki page

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

New wiki page

Post by Azhrei »

I'm going to stop including a detailed list of bugs fixed as part of the announcement thread. Instead, I'll be using this page of the wiki to record those changes and probably link to that page. This will allow anyone else with Commit privileges on Sourceforge to also add to the bug fix list.

I'm not sure how to handle new patches that haven't made it into a build yet, though. For example, b70 is the last build but when I make a bug fix, do I start a "1.3b71" entry even though that build isn't out yet? Or maybe call it "pre-1.3b71"? When b71 gets released I can just delete the "pre-"?

Comments welcome. :)

Raoden
Dragon

Re: New wiki page

Post by Raoden »

Azhrei wrote:Or maybe call it "pre-1.3b71"? When b71 gets released I can just delete the "pre-"?
Sounds perfectly understandable to me.

Question: How can this be updated retroactively, as an easy place to find a summary of all the changes that have been made in builds in the past? Mostly I mean, is there anywhere that similar information is already logged in one place?
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Raoden wrote:How can this be updated retroactively
Um, login to the wiki and change it?
is there anywhere that similar information is already logged in one place?
In one place? I guess you'd have to define "one place" -- does "this forum" qualify? ;)

I didn't think so. :roll: You'd have to look at the announcement posts for each build, but there have been a couple where I may have missed mention of a particular bug fix so you'd need to skim the entire thread.

I don't think my Commit comments will be any more complete than what I put in the announcement post so looking at the SVN commit log probably isn't very helpful. Although I do frequent checkins in order to keep each patch small while Trevor makes huge commits that include many individual patches. They each have pros and cons. Of course, I think my technique is better. 8)

The wiki is open for editing. Have at it! ;)

Raoden
Dragon

Post by Raoden »

OK, I finally got around to Registering for the wiki and adding b63 through b68 to this wiki page. Still haven't done the "skim through each thread and see what got left out of each Initial Post" thing yet.

Hopefully this means I will soon be able to post the "test for version" macros I've been planning on writing.
"Fairy tales do not tell children the dragons exist. Children already know that dragons exist. Fairy tales tell children the dragons can be killed."
- G. K. Chesterton

Wonderful HTML/CSS reference * Color Manager * Token Manager 2.0

Richard Weimer
Cave Troll

Post by Richard Weimer »

Please add this wiki's link to the home page somewher, so that it can be found without going back to this forum thread.

Thanks!

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It's on the front page in the bottom right corner.

Return to “Developer Notes”