tring to run as... and failing

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aku
Dragon

tring to run as... and failing

Post by aku »

So i just recently installed eclipse and what not on my windows system (hush Az!), when previously i was running on a linux laptop (but i've got a crack in the screen, which, while not making it unuseable, makes it unpleasant at least) but it fails, for some reason, when i right click on maptools.java with this error log:
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.6.0_20
java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
Framework arguments: -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86 -product org.eclipse.epp.package.java.product

Error
Wed Jan 27 23:20:12 EST 2010
The project: parser which is referenced by the classpath, does not exist.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: tring to run as... and failing

Post by Azhrei »

There are three projects required to build MT: maptool, parser, and rplib. The .classpath file which tells Eclipse where to look for code is referencing those other two projects.

You can fix this two ways: remove them from the classpath and Eclipse will fallback to using the JAR files that are part of the maptool project, or checkout those two projects from SVN. The checkout option is pretty clear and won't be described here. Also read the post I made within the last week describing how to use ANTLR.

To change the classpath do the following: right-click on the project name and choose Build Path > Configure Build Path. On the Projects tab remove parser and rplib. Then click OK. In the Package Explorer expand the lib directory and add the two JAR files by right-clicking on each of them and selecting Build Path > Add to Build Path.

aku
Dragon

Re: tring to run as... and failing

Post by aku »

huh, i dont remember having to do this when i did it on my linux box (then again, i dont remember WHEN i set it up on my linux box either, so thats probably not a good measuring stick)

in any case, thanks az!

Edit: for those wondering for future use. option B was easier for me.

Return to “Developer Notes”