Parser module broken

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Iain
Kobold

Parser module broken

Post by Iain »

Today I thought I would try out a Trunk build for Maptool using Eclipse and found that:
1. Needed to add the clientserver project (no big deal)
2. parser project seems to be broken.

Digging down into the issues it seems that on 28/08 a bunch of ExpressionParser* files got removed from net/rptools/parser and this has broken other files that try and import/use them :(

Looking at the commit that did the damage it says:
Cleaned up CaseInsensitiveHashMap in prep for adding an XStream "Converter"
and it does modify that file, but also deletes 6 other files.

Known issue ?

whited
Cave Troll

Re: Parser module broken

Post by whited »

The parser module is a bit tricky to build at the moment. There is a grammar file (expression.g I think) that is used with the ANTLR v2 tool to generate the files that you are missing.

From what I understand there is an ANTLR v2 eclipse plugin that will allow the project to be built from SVN trunk.

I'm currently working on a conversion to a Maven build system. It is still a ways off, but once that is ready, it will be much easier to build from source, and the ANTLR eclipse plugin won't be necessary.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

I'll look at it later tonight, but it builds for me (just did that last night). You probably just need the ANTLR plugin installed and ANTLR turned on. I posted somewhere in this forum (or the subforum) about my experiences with ANTLR -- that may help you.

Iain
Kobold

Post by Iain »

Problem sorted. It was an issue on my end. As well as updating to the latest HEAD I also allowed eclipse to updated itself and that broke the ALTLR build for me.

Forcing the ANTLR build made it all work again.

Sorry for the noise.

Return to “Developer Notes”