externalizations for other tools

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aku
Dragon

externalizations for other tools

Post by aku »

so, i've been working on externalization for/with Az for maptool, and, pending any changes he wants made and or mistakes i made, i think i've got them all, so i wanted to see if the other *tools needed any luving in this dept, and chose one message here, instead of one in each tool.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: externalizations for other tools

Post by Azhrei »

Beyond MT I'm sure the other tools ALL need localization!

But I'm concerned that we need a better organizational method. I've had to add key strings without worrying too much about the text of the key itself. Since Eclipse uses the class name as the first component it's actually kind of convenient, but it's still a little haphazard.

As we move to 1.4 I want to revisit the I18N module and lay down some style guidelines for how to add things to the localization files. I want someone to be able to look at the key strings and know what the string represents and a lot of the existing keys didn't do that and I felt it was okay to get all of MT localized for 1.3 and then go back and actually design something for 1.4.

aku
Dragon

Re: externalizations for other tools

Post by aku »

well, there isnt much that I know i CAN do, but you've "seemed" happy, so far, with what i've done with the maptool stuff, and if theres one person doing it, it's atleast consistent in that regard. So, i'd be happy to be known as "Ze Localizer", if needed :D

And, yes, you're supposed to say that with an Arnold accent.

Return to “Developer Notes”