Question about fullscreen mode

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

giliath
RPTools Founder

Post by giliath »

Woot 1.0 work is almost done. We are just doing the last bit of release-tech work and you should see it soon.
~Giliath

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

/me gets out the bag of snickers, party hats and horns and gets ready to celebrate.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Playing with full screen mode with two monitors, I noticed some weirdness. The correct monitor goes full screen, but if I click on an app in the other monitor, it minimizes the full screen app. Found this:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bu ... id=6393266

Basically what it says is that this is expected behavior based on how DirectDraw works in windows. So bummed !

I figure having a multihead setup is pretty common, that that's not going to work. Instead I'm looking at creating a "Minimal View" mode which removes the outside frame, menubar, status bar, and everything that's not the map. This would then be maximized to the screen size, so in effect give a full screen application, but not be in "exclusive" mode.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

brisingre
Dragon

Post by brisingre »

/me cheers and happily puts on some of RPTrolls party horns.
/w emryys do you think there will be kobolds to eat?
Chaotic Neutral means never having to say you're sorry.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

K, got this new methodology implemented and it seems to work really well, even on dual head setups. It doesn't support the pop-in panels when you hit the edge, but I figure it will at least support the most common full screen setup.

I'll close the current tracker then add an "Advanced fullscreen mode" tracker that includes the pop-in panels.

Can't wait for you guys to try this out :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Post by Guest »

[quote="trevor"]Playing with full screen mode with two monitors, I noticed some weirdness. The correct monitor goes full screen, but if I click on an app in the other monitor, it minimizes the full screen app. Found this:

http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bu ... id=6393266
[quote]

Yeah after years of dual sceens in my systems, they can be finiky. MAC has that area covered much better.

Keep in mind that having things like the nVidia nView Desktop manager can change how a lot of things act. I'm sure ATI is the same. I'm sure it will be a big can of worms. Even after all these years I still get funny stuff with many programs in dual on PC.

Return to “Developer Notes”