MT 1.3

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

trevor wrote:
Hawke wrote:They hoped that they could see the monster's AC and total HP and thus have an advantage over their cruel DM. Silly players!
I'm thinking about adding another directive, if you put a "-" at the beginning of the line then only the GM or owning player will see the stat
Yeah, some sort of option like that would be kind of cool. Actually, I think it might be more useful to have an option for choosing which ones to show rather than which ones not to show - if that makes any sense. So, you could set which properties are shown as per-token setting. So say I have a Psionic character, I could select to have the "Power Points" property shown on the card. That property wouldn't be useful for a fighter. For monsters you'd simply not select the AC or HP but maybe have a Damage column to keep track of how much damage.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

What about a clickable box next to each property that has three properties:

1) Not shown (no check)
2) Shown (+)
3) GM only (-)

?

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote:What about a clickable box next to each property that has three properties:

1) Not shown (no check)
2) Shown (+)
3) GM only (-)

?
This is basically how it works (sans the gm only tag), just change "+" with "*". Right now it's quite rudimentary, like an embedded text editor, type the name of the property, one per line. Prefix it with "*" if you want it to show up in the ccg, and I"ll add "-" to indicate GM only. For now. Until we play with it more.

In the case of having different property sets for different token types, note at the top of the dialog a drop down with "Default" in it. The underlying code was written to let you define as many token types as you like. Then on the Token Properties config tab you can select which token type to use, and the properties will update appropriately. But that part hasn't been written in the UI yet.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Sounds perfect. I don't mind the rudimentary aspects at all at this stage in the game... we can always do further changes in the future! I'm eager to see the changelog for b2

Emryys
Dragon

Post by Emryys »

RPTroll wrote:Another approach (soon to be poo pooed) is placing the properties screen in the side bar under the token tree. You could the expand it, move it, resize it, scroll it, etc. as needed.
I actually like this approach, and it would work well for a mouse over as opposed to having to select the token... less interference...
Game On!

Return to “Developer Notes”