Redrawing a player's frame

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Re: Redrawing a player's frame

Post by aliasmask »

Nertht wrote:Cause in that case, players can click it repeately and make a lot of mess. I thought, that direct running is possible with broadcast execLink.
I wrote a couple of functions that I call oneClick that I use just for that reason. Basically, the token that creates the link creates a unique number. When the player clicks it with the token selected then it writes that unique number to that token and only allows it to click it once.

Nertht
Kobold

Post by Nertht »

Thank you both guys, your service is incredible.
What I exactly need is Wolph´s function. Thx a lot man, again.
Just... Look on Wiki: broadcast(). There is your function described as bot_execAllPlayer. And for another users, it could be confusing like for me was.
But great thanks anyway.

wolph42
Winter Wolph

Post by wolph42 »

Nertht wrote:Thank you both guys, your service is incredible.
What I exactly need is Wolph´s function. Thx a lot man, again.
Just... Look on Wiki: broadcast(). There is your function described as bot_execAllPlayer. And for another users, it could be confusing like for me was.
But great thanks anyway.
indeed, although its both, its mentioned as 'players' and 'player', a simple typo. Corrected it.

Merudo
Giant

Post by Merudo »

aliasmask wrote:
Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:00 am
Nertht wrote:

Code: Select all

[h: broadcast(execLink(macroLinkText("FRAME@Lib:Token", "none", "", "Player2Token")),"Player2")]
This wouldn't work because there is no output. If you create your link with macroLink you can then post it with broadcast and not use execLink. A link will show up in chat and execute on the other client, but the client who posted the link. You would have to click it yourself or use my code in an earlier post.
I don't understand why it is not working. The output of broadcast is the execLink, no?

aliasmask
RPTools Team

Post by aliasmask »

Depends on what you mean by not working. The players don't see the output link or the link when clicked doesn't work.

Return to “Developer Notes”