It is currently Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:58 am 

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ] 

Previous topic | Next topic 

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

Post subject: How Can I Help?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 4:14 pm 
Hello,

I haven't used MT in a few years, but I was planning on using it for my next campaign. I also wanted to help development if possible, especially since there were a few features I wanted to implement for myself.

I found the repos on GitHub and what looks like bug/feature assignment Google spreadsheet. Is there anything else that I should know about?

I figured that to help me get acquainted, I could work on JavaDoc/Dev documentation to become familiar with the project. Is that okay? Is there existing documentation on a wiki or anything?

I figure the first step might be improving the current README in the repo, since that's what a lot of devs see first. Maybe get the basic build instructions, coding conventions and so on put in there.

User avatar  Offline
Great Wyrm

Post subject: Re: How Can I Help?
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 5:23 pm 
There are build instructions for Eclipse here

If you have found the google spreadsheet, feel free to pick something to tackle. Submit a pull request and we will test it and then hopefully Craig will merge it :)

Glad to have you aboard :D

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:08 pm 
Sorry, I should have done some more searching before asking for the build info.

Do people prefer docs being on the forum versus in the GitHub repo? I find myself looking there first, but understand you all might have different preferences.

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:21 pm 
I went ahead and create a pull request for some Readme/Documentation updates based on the info you gave me: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/pull/29

Hopefully that's ok. I gave credit to Craig/Jagged in the commits where I used their copy.

I was going to create another branch/pull request for the Eclipse setup docs. I plan on just putting those in a seperate, but linked Markdown doc in `docs/`.

Just as a FYI, I use grip to view my GitHub flavored Markdown before committing to avoid mistakes: https://github.com/joeyespo/grip I hope that helps someone.

Also, I think this thread: viewtopic.php?f=43&t=16663 has info on code style but I can't access it.

User avatar  Offline
Deity

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 pm 
jfrazierjr can add you to the group, although he hasn't logged on since March. Perhaps a PM to him, RPTroll or Craig will get the job done.

User avatar  Offline
Cave Troll

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:58 pm 
Thanks for the help Aliasmask. I'll PM them tomorrow.

I couldn't find something small and easy on that Google Spreadsheet to work on, but I found a comment in the UPnPUtil.java file saying that a member (discoveryTimeout) needed to be changed to a preference. So that's what I did: https://github.com/RPTools/maptool/pull/32

Hopefully I did this right. I'll stop sending pull requests for now. I want to get some feedback before I do anymore unsolicited work. :)

Great Wyrm

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:29 am 
joshsziegler wrote:
Sorry, I should have done some more searching before asking for the build info.

Do people prefer docs being on the forum versus in the GitHub repo? I find myself looking there first, but understand you all might have different preferences.

Hmm all the info should ideally be in github...

Reply to topic  [ 7 posts ]