MT 1.3b16 Development Update

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

trevor wrote:
Sir Flak wrote:Good idea. Its like you read my mind before I even thought it.
OK, I've built the read-only window (can't kickstart a stuck transfer yet), just have to test it.
I've chosen to show the ID of the asset, and not the name. I figured you don't want your players seeing assets come across the wire like "Big Awesome Fire Slayer" or something.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Yeah, I'd hate them to see that HQMaleDeerFromHell is loading.

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

One quick little question on upcoming features; How soon will we be able to select the auto-fog removal to "expose player visible area only"? I love the auto-fog, but we do a lot of outdoor encounters and I would rather make my night encounters a little more realistic in unfamiliar territory. Truth be told, I actually prefer to use "expose player visible area only" almost all of the time, unless the characters are familiar with the area, building, etc. Besides, I have a group composed primarily of grognards, so they like the old school feel of actually having to keep track of where they are and not have an "automap" feature. :D
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

trevor wrote:I've chosen to show the ID of the asset, and not the name. I figured you don't want your players seeing assets come across the wire like "Big Awesome Fire Slayer" or something.
What, you mean we won't have the Traveller handout effect (with ambush point A marked on it)
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

thelevitator wrote:One quick little question on upcoming features; How soon will we be able to select the auto-fog removal to "expose player visible area only"? I love the auto-fog, but we do a lot of outdoor encounters and I would rather make my night encounters a little more realistic in unfamiliar territory. Truth be told, I actually prefer to use "expose player visible area only" almost all of the time, unless the characters are familiar with the area, building, etc. Besides, I have a group composed primarily of grognards, so they like the old school feel of actually having to keep track of where they are and not have an "automap" feature. :D
I don't know if this will work, but what about selecting a solid black as the fog?

trevor

Post by trevor »

thelevitator wrote:One quick little question on upcoming features; How soon will we be able to select the auto-fog removal to "expose player visible area only"?
Keep reminding me and I'll drop that in for the next build or two.

AidyBaby
Dragon

Post by AidyBaby »

*cough* Any chance for the auto-expose last path option too?
D&D qualities are related inversely to those of Poker... and I love both.
http://www.yorkpoker.co.uk

trevor

Post by trevor »

AidyBaby wrote:*cough* Any chance for the auto-expose last path option too?
Oh right, good call. The reason I haven't done this yet is because there's no way to move a token without causing the trigger, and you probably don't want to have it expose the path when you drag it to a new position on the other side of the map (teleport maybe?).

So I was planning to introduce the idea of "picking up" the token, which would short circuit the expose path thing.

I suppose in the immediate term you could cut-paste the token.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

It'll be easier once we have GM approved movement / plotting, too. Might as well throw that in there to solve the problem, right? :lol:

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote:It'll be easier once we have GM approved movement / plotting, too. Might as well throw that in there to solve the problem, right? :lol:
Actually, the problem _is_ the GM move, which is never restricted. The GM wants to move a teleporting player to a new location on the map, click-drag the token to the new location across the map, and all the sudden the entire map has a line of fog exposed through it

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

I was thinking that we actually wouldn't want GM token movement to ever expose the map. The players would be the only ones that would ever need to see through it, and that would be restricted by their own vision.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:I was thinking that we actually wouldn't want GM token movement to ever expose the map. The players would be the only ones that would ever need to see through it, and that would be restricted by their own vision.
So the GM doesn't _not_ trigger the expose feature ... ever ? What do the rest of you guys think ?

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

hehe, that double negative ought to throw some people for a loop. ;)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:hehe, that double negative ought to throw some people for a loop. ;)
oops :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

Fixed:
trevor wrote: So the GM doesn't _ever_ trigger the expose feature ... ever ? What do the rest of you guys think ?

Return to “Developer Notes”