MapTool 1.3b19 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3b19 Progress

Post by trevor »

Update:

I've been actively working on the calculations necessary to do the light feature. I've made really great progress.

I've also been designing the campaign properties Import/Export. I'm planning to formalize the concept of campaign Ruleset, which is really what the Campaign Properties is becoming. Essentially a description of tables, properties, and other assorted campaign defaults.

However, this will most likely break existing campaigns as I move data into a new structure. I should be able to make MT be able to load previous campaigns though, so it shouldn't be a big deal, but keep that in mind.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Thanks Trevor,

I will hold back on doing the big build I was going to start till this has stabilized and campaign property's are sorted (seeing how high they were on the wall, I was tempted to do this anyway).
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update: I finished building the vision calculation optimizations late last night. It includes several strategies to cut down the number of points that have to be calculated, which includes backface culling (which is pretty neat).

The next step is integrating the new calculations into MT and introducing Light Source menus. I should be able to get a first introductory step out for you guys to start banging on within a week.

Technical
I learned a ton about how the Area geometry objects in java work. For example, solid shapes wind counter clockwise and "holes" within a solid shape wind clockwise (which was important to know for my backface algorithm).

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Troll's heads spin clockwise when trying to figure out what Trevor is talking about while their eyes spin counter clockwise.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

trevor wrote:Technical
I learned a ton about how the Area geometry objects in java work. For example, solid shapes wind counter clockwise and "holes" within a solid shape wind clockwise (which was important to know for my backface algorithm).
That actually makes a lot of sense. In the 3D world the front face of a single plane is determined by the direction that you drew it.
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Excellent! Any word on whether or not this will 100% for sure break <b18 campaigns or what would need to be added to them for them to work (easy update script?)

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Tevor, when do you thing we'll get our first look at light and campaign properties?

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote:Tevor, when do you thing we'll get our first look at light and campaign properties?
next week

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update:

I've integrated the updated calculation engine. Now It's on to building the Light Source menu items and replacing the Vision with something else

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Thanks Tevor (note, trolls can't spell)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

That's ok, Nor can most humans
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update:

I've got my hands elbow deep in tidying up the token sizing code, which will fix a lot of the issues we've been having with sizes (stamps, tokens, et. al.).

On a positive note, I've been able to throw out a lot of old code that was getting long in the tooth, and encapsulating it in a better place. Which cleans up the code, which is a really Good Thing.

I'm looking to Wed/Thursday for b19

Glanrus
Cave Troll

Post by Glanrus »

OOH OOH <JUMPING>!!!

And I bet DaTroll be drooling, while DaElves ... well the DaElves be ... umm ... What do DaElves be doing?

Glanrus

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Glanrus wrote:OOH OOH <JUMPING>!!!

And I bet DaTroll be drooling, while DaElves ... well the DaElves be ... umm ... What do DaElves be doing?

Glanrus
:shock:

It's really best not to ask.

:shock:

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

trevor wrote:Update:

I've got my hands elbow deep in tidying up the token sizing code, which will fix a lot of the issues we've been having with sizes (stamps, tokens, et. al.).

On a positive note, I've been able to throw out a lot of old code that was getting long in the tooth, and encapsulating it in a better place. Which cleans up the code, which is a really Good Thing.

I'm looking to Wed/Thursday for b19
Woot! Just in time for game day!
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Return to “Developer Notes”