MapTool 1.3b21 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.3b21 Progress

Post by trevor »

With the holidays coming up, things are slowing a bit (I'm working on building a wooden doll crib and bed for my girls for Christmas, and a wooden semi truck for my boy :) ) but are still moving forward.

As I've been collecting feedback on the light and vision system, I've been tinkering with improving the rendering of the fog, both in speed and "pretty". Snikle sent over the official MT deck of cards so I'm ready to roll on that feature. Oh yeah, and bug fixes for the things you guys have been finding.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Hey, it's Christmas - Concentrate on your kids, forget about us bunch of kids for a bit and enjoy your family, cause you know were gonna be chaining you to your desk again in the new year . . . . . .

Have to say, the wooden semi sounds cool, take a photo when you've finished it (preferable top down on a plain background) then we can have special Trevor Christmas toy stamps . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

trevor

Post by trevor »

Heh, that would rule

SDShannonS
Giant

Post by SDShannonS »

"You're moving quietly along the forest path when you see up ahead a small clearing. As you approach the clearing, you hear a rumbling nearby. Across the clearing you can hear undergrowth being trampled, branches snapping, small trees being smashed into the earth as the trees part and into the clearing roars an enormous... wooden semi truck!"

Roll initiative.
"You must be the change you wish to see in the world."
- Mahatma Gandhi

"You know what the chain of command is? It's the chain I go get and beat you with until you understand who's in ruttin' command here."
- Jayne

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

"And then Sir Galahad, Sir Lancelot, and I, jump out of the wooden semi, taking the French not only by surprise, but completely unarmed!"

:lol: :roll:

trevor

Post by trevor »

roflmbo

trevor

Post by trevor »

Same status, been working late in my woodshop building a couple toys for the kids for Christmas. We should resume normal development activities shortly.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Hope you realize we all expect the Wooden Trojan Semi token now . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

trevor

Post by trevor »

Cweord wrote:Hope you realize we all expect the Wooden Trojan Semi token now . . . .
Heh, to set expectations, my primary product from my woodshop is sawdust, it'll be a miracle if anything comes out of it looking like something other than that :)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Ok, so we get a Trojan Sawdust token then, a lot less likely to fool the opposition, but fun none the less.
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

Looks like there's a Java 6 developer preview for Leopard... hopefully good news about OS X and Java 6 and potentially indicating moving the releases to include Java 6 features sooner (but I understand not too soon) http://developer.apple.com/java/

trevor

Post by trevor »

Funny you mention that, I just happened to bump into that this morning as well. Good to know they are still working on it, it has huge implications for MT

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

The worst worst worst thing for MT would be if for some reason it was leopard specific. I know that Apple has more frequent/quick new-OS-adoption (maybe because the discs are copyable and don't have keys at all?) but still would be a huge hamper for all of those who have systems that simply can't handle Leopard but would love some MT.

Java 6 is released and ready for *nix systems already, right?

trevor

Post by trevor »

Hawke wrote: Java 6 is released and ready for *nix systems already, right?
Yup, good to go !

trevor

Post by trevor »

Whew. OK. I _finally_ got that pesky topology bug fixed, and can _finally_ move forward.

I also integrated the roll patch and UPnP patch that were submitted. I think I'll target the build for Wed so I can get some more long standing bugs addressed.

Return to “Developer Notes”