1.3b29 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

1.3b29 progress

Post by trevor »

I apologize for the delays, my entire downstairs had to have a new floor put in, so my home office has been dismantled :P

I should be back up and running in a day or so.

The focus for 1.3b29 is introducing decks (which includes "hands" or "bags" of tokens/cards/whatever), and a stab at both fixing the bases. If I get time I'll also be taking a stab at improving the vision stuff (introduce eye-types).

Then bug fixes and tweaks that you all have brought up over the past couple builds.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

This will be the build that rocks! 8)
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Woo Hoo
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

::coughs:: thanks for blaming a mysterious construction issue instead of the shygypsy game...

:lol:

torstan
Great Wyrm

Post by torstan »

We all know he needs a new floor after taking a hammer to it in frustration about the Poker Players box....

Yes Hawke, we're all blaming you :)

Looking forward to the new build.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

In real life gaming, we use M&Ms to represent bennies in Savage Worlds. When you burn a bennie you eat one. Will the new token bag/card deck system handle that peculiar mechanic of burning bennies? (minus the actual eating part)

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

I would have real trouble playing in that game, I would be burning bennies left right and centre just to get the chocolate . . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote:In real life gaming, we use M&Ms to represent bennies in Savage Worlds. When you burn a bennie you eat one. Will the new token bag/card deck system handle that peculiar mechanic of burning bennies? (minus the actual eating part)
I imagine you could. At this point the plan is to make bags associated with tokens, which makes them easier to transfer and manage ownership (which implies viewability). You'll be able to put (to begin with) tokens and cards (which will be specialized tokens).

So I imagine you could just create tokens of M&M and put them into the token's bag.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Update:

I got multiple token property types built in last night. That is, in the Campaign Properties dialog you can create any number of property sets (imagine taking the old property panel and making any number of named sets of properties)

Then on the Edit Token dialog, Config panel, you can select which property set to use on the Property Type drop down. That updates the Properties panel with the associated properties.

So you can create token properties for PCs, NPCs, Monsters, vehicles, Tangibles, Objects, or whatever you can think up.

I've finished designing the sight system and will be working on it over the next couple days.

I spent some time messing with the token bases, and know how to do it technically, but there's some weirdness in the actual use that I need to think about some more.

I also serendipitously found a way to optimize the polyline tool, which will help greatly for new maps.

I've also figured out a way to optimize the vbl some more, but it involves streamlining the process (read: rewrite the underlying structure), so I might wait until 1.4 to do that. Depends on whether sight needs the extra umpf or not.

At this point I expect 1.3b29 to come out some time late next week.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Any chance of looking at the npc stats showing up for players bug I found?
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Trevor, could you set the different property sets to all come out in a different column in the stat box? That would give an easy way to sort them, and to enter them.
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

But do the map displayed tokens all have to have the same properties?

Can I have one set of properties for vehicles, one set for NPCs and one set for PCs?

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPTroll wrote: Can I have one set of properties for vehicles, one set for NPCs and one set for PCs?
Yes

trevor

Post by trevor »

Cweord wrote:Trevor, could you set the different property sets to all come out in a different column in the stat box? That would give an easy way to sort them, and to enter them.
I'm confused

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Ok, at the moment, your popup stat box is in one column, with all the stats in a long list (and you don't get a scroll bar if you go off the top of the screen, I checked).

With your multiple sets of properties, this could be used to create multiple columns, so that each property set with any data in would create a new column.

For general use it means you could have a column for stats, one for skills, one for powers etc, but like I said, with the column only showing if there is data filled in one of the properties it contains (so your screen doesn't get filled)

It would make it easier to read the stat sheet as it isn't all in one chunk, and easier to fill in as well, as you have to scroll less
Cweord

-------
My Tokens Directory

Return to “Developer Notes”