MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 9

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 9

Post by trevor »

So, I did get some coding done over the weekend, but I didn't like any of it, so I wiped it. It was mostly asthetic stuff (use the pushpin for the waypoint icon, for example). So, instead I'm going to crank out some of the smaller annoyances that have been posted to the forums over the last couple days.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Re: MapTool 1.1 Development Release Build 9

Post by dorpond »

trevor wrote:So, I did get some coding done over the weekend, but I didn't like any of it, so I wiped it. It was mostly asthetic stuff (use the pushpin for the waypoint icon, for example). So, instead I'm going to crank out some of the smaller annoyances that have been posted to the forums over the last couple days.
Perhaps you could throw a waypoint via mouse option in this next release? Hitting that space bar is going to be a hassle for my 70 movement Monk player.

I still like the "click the right button to mark a waypoint" option since it is easier to click while holding the left button than the middle button is..

That doesn't sound too difficult to implement but then again I am just a token maker :)

trevor

Post by trevor »

It's actually pretty trivial. In fact that's how it worked on the first iteration.

But it was changed to make the right mouse consistent between all the tools, and make it possible to pan the map even in the middle of a drag.

Which is why I was thinking that we could use the middle button. I could drop it in for the next dev release so you can give it a try and see if it works.

trevor

Post by trevor »

UPDATE: I've been pretty focused on work this week, trying to get our product fleshed out for our next presentation, so rptools progress has been slow.

But I've allocated some time tonight and thursday so I should be able to have a new dev build by the weekend.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Sounds good.

btw, this next one would be Build 10. The thread subject is behind by one.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:Sounds good.

btw, this next one would be Build 10. The thread subject is behind by one.
Oops, you're right.

Return to “Developer Notes”