1.3b32 Dev Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

trevor wrote:
Ryss wrote: BTW a reminder: the token tab only works when impersonating a token.
I wonder if we should add another tab for selected tokens, we could show the intersection of macros for all selected tokens. That could be pretty cool.

Initially I thought it should do that for the current token panel, but there are cases when you'll be impersonating one token, and selecting others.
Hmm. Added that to my todo list as well.
dorpond wrote: Must have been those 12 pages of rubbish that made me miss that explaination. :wink:

Thanks for explaining.
np :)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Ryss wrote:
UntoldGlory wrote:Good to know, is there a hotkey for impersonate?
Nope. Use /im <token_name> as usual or right click on the token and select it from the menu (I'm sure you know these already but well.. :D)

I added your suggestion to my todo list though.
I typically create a macro with that /im command, so I can quickly switch between personaes
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

wacko76
Cave Troll

Post by wacko76 »

dorpond wrote:
wacko76 wrote:Not exactly sure what you mean...
Pathing improvements with the 1-1-1 setting in specific.
But, but, but you should never use the 1-1-1 setting. It's not correct. I demand a 1.4142135623730950488016887242097-1.4142135623730950488016887242097-1.4142135623730950488016887242097 setting for diagonal movement.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Hmm, my thought is this:
Pretty much all of my macros as a DM will now be on the token panel. Even if I make a /im <tokenname> for every mob (which is basically impossible with hundreds of kobolds per map), and put them on hotkeys, then I still can't use those hotkeys from the Token panel. I mean, right clicking is no big deal, but it would be nice to have an impersonate quick key, like middle mouse or something.

Though the "selected" panel would totally solve that. Question: with the "selected" if you have, say... 20 kobold minions selected, and they all have the same attack macro, does one button click fire off all their macros? Caues that would be great.

Full Bleed
Demigod

Post by Full Bleed »

wacko76 wrote:But, but, but you should never use the 1-1-1 setting. It's not correct. I demand a 1.4142135623730950488016887242097-1.4142135623730950488016887242097-1.4142135623730950488016887242097 setting for diagonal movement.
Just use gridless and you don't have to worry about all those goofy WotC rules. ;)

Trevor, as for needing to impersonate a token to see its macros in the macro token panel, could you put in a Preference option for "Auto-Impersonate" that makes someone with permission (owners/gm) auto-impersonate a selected token?

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

That would make me happy in my pants.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

And UntoldGlory for the win in Information Jector Didn't Need.
Here's your plaque.
:lol:
I cast firecube! ~4E

trevor

Post by trevor »

Jector wrote:And UntoldGlory for the win in Information Jector Didn't Need.
Here's your plaque.
:lol:
lol !

trevor

Post by trevor »

Full Bleed wrote:"Auto-Impersonate" that makes someone with permission (owners/gm) auto-impersonate a selected token?
Interesting. I was thinking of putting in a drop down with all the tokens you own so you can switch between them easily. Let's see, so you would auto impersonate on selection, but only deselect the impersonate when selecting a new token, specifically, it doesn't deimpersonate when unselecting a token (without selecting a new one)

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

That sounds great to me trevor, and I assume the little red 'x' will still be in the chat to unimpersonate as well?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

trevor

Post by trevor »

RPMiller wrote:That sounds great to me trevor, and I assume the little red 'x' will still be in the chat to unimpersonate as well?
Definitely. I'll probably still put in a drop down at some point, as it'll probably make it easier for the GM and people that don't want auto impersonate

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

I would definitely use a drop down menu, for making all of the NPC and creature rolls. It's a lot easier to stay organized when you have the rolls come from the individuals. Rawk! :)
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

I dig the drop down menu, as a second option. It reminds me of the little tiered "VMini Shelf" you see in the DDI thing. The thing I like about the drop down for impersonating is you don't have to pan the map around and such. I know alot of people here run at really high resolutions, but I still run at my LCDs native of 1280x1024, so when I'm DMing I often don't have a whole lot of "map space". I'd dig it even more if you could drag tokens off of the drop down onto the map, thereby creating another copy of them.

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

UntoldGlory wrote:I dig the drop down menu, as a second option. It reminds me of the little tiered "VMini Shelf" you see in the DDI thing. The thing I like about the drop down for impersonating is you don't have to pan the map around and such. I know alot of people here run at really high resolutions, but I still run at my LCDs native of 1280x1024, so when I'm DMing I often don't have a whole lot of "map space". I'd dig it even more if you could drag tokens off of the drop down onto the map, thereby creating another copy of them.
It's sad, I think, when 1280x1024 is no longer 'really high resolution'. Not sad, but really cool. I'll be even happier, to be honest, when the minimum resolution is nearly four times that. I like high res. It. Just. Looks. Better.

It also needs more power, but that's another story.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Yeah, my computer can handle higher res, but my LCD is over 6 years old, and since the picture is still super sharp and colorful and awesome (8ms resonse with 600ncd was really impressive back then, go Viewsonic!), I can't see replacing it just for higher res. Some day I'd love to have a home where I can set my Optoma 720 projector back up as a main TV, and snag my Vizio 1080p 46" for a multiple monitor with my desktop. Now THAT would be a big map space! :shock:

Likely though I'll just move my computer and use my projector to project a 60"-100" map next time I DM.... Hhhmmmmmmmmm.

Return to “Developer Notes”