How to get RPTools source via Eclipse and subversion

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Azhrei
Site Admin

Re: How to get RPTools source via Eclipse and subversion

Post by Azhrei »

Use the prebuilt configurations. If you press and hold on the Run or Debug buttons in the toolbar you'll get a drop down menu of options. You should see ones like "MapTool (Std)" and "MapTool (German)". Those will execute the main application and set the locale for whatever your system default is (English, in my case) or force it to German (if you select the second one).

You can use the "Run configurations..." or "Debug configurations..." menu option to set up your own. See the Eclipse docs for that.

Once you do the above once, the configuration you used previously becomes the default so a simple (and quick) left-click on the toolbar icon will launch the app again.

If you're new to both Java and Eclipse, I suggest doing one of the introductory tutorials on the eclipse.org web site that take you through the process of creating a Java project, adding a few files to it, building it, running it, and debugging it. This will give you the necessary experience with Eclipse and also teach you the basics of Java. Once you've done that you can start another thread with specific questions, if you have any.

Good luck, and thanks for joining us at RPTools. :)

yorick
Cave Troll

Post by yorick »

I have installed Eclipse and tried building maptool. This works, mostly, but it complains that it can't find the launcher zip. The build.xml refers to ../launcher. I cannot, however, find launcher in the rptools SVN repository. Is there another repository I should add where I can check out the launcher project?

smaudet2
Cave Troll

Post by smaudet2 »

Pretty sure there are two repos.

Also, why do I have to use svn. Ugh. There is a Git repo but it looks out of date.

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

Hopefully this was answered other places. :)

Let me know if it's still confusing.
ImageImage ImageImageImageImage
Support RPTools by shopping

Return to “Developer Notes”