MT 1.3b34 Progress update

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

Ryss
Dragon

Post by Ryss »

My patch had 2 UI bugs, didn't have time to fix them sadly. So I did the most logical thing: I made Trevor fix them! :twisted:

darn I'm as brilliant as I'm charming.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

UntoldGlory wrote: And a few others, but he's deff on the list! :wink:
As long as I'm above aquaman, I'm content :)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Just remember, Underpants on the inside . . . .
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Orchard wrote:
trevor wrote:I'm not personally adding any features as I've been focused on reviewing integrating the patches and fixing bugs. But Ryss has been hard at work on the macro panel and all of his updates are going in.
What we need is someone else to magically appear like Ryss and take over another section of the code.

*Casts "Summon Coder XII"

Hmm....

Let's see if it works.

Maybe it's a 4e ritual?
I know I have a few personal nits to pick with the Chat panel and Dice roller/parser, so at the very least will be looking into that section of code in the next few weeks. Of course, there is no promise I will produce anything, or that Trevor will keep letting new features be added instead of locking 1.3 down so we can head to 1.4...

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

trevor wrote:
UntoldGlory wrote: And a few others, but he's deff on the list! :wink:
As long as I'm above aquaman, I'm content :)
Well, one must have their standards.
Cweord wrote:Just remember, Underpants on the inside . . . .
This is a fact that long eluded the designers of so many superhero costumes. I'm still baffled by this decision of male superhero costumes. Female costumes have always made sense, but males, well that's a bit confusing.

But anyway, we are getting off-topic, and I'm not going to be responsible for another mass-derailing. Again.

Well, not that I'll admit.

After all, we have a mass derail thread available.

Go b34!
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Hawke
Great Wyrm

Post by Hawke »

How's initiative tracker looking?

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Ohhh, init tracker would be a thing of wonderous beauty.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

UntoldGlory wrote:Ohhh, init tracker would be a thing of wonderous beauty.
Agreed. I highly doubt it will be in b34 based on what Trevor has already stated.
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

jfrazierjr wrote:
Agreed. I highly doubt it will be in b34 based on what Trevor has already stated.
Which is a shame in some ways, but I think the initiative tracker is becoming the most often queried update.

I think I've seen people wondering about it for at least 4 or 5 builds now.

I'm not complaining, I'm a patient man. BUT IF I DON'T GET IT BEFORE MY NEXT GAME I'M GOING TO KILL MY PC'S! Not that that bothers anyone here, but it will make them rather sad. And I really don't want to do that. So Trevor, for the sake of my campaign, I beg you....

But not today.

My next game is at LEAST 2 weeks out.

At least.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

Orchard wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:
Which is a shame in some ways, but I think the initiative tracker is becoming the most often queried update.

I think I've seen people wondering about it for at least 4 or 5 builds now.

I'm not complaining, I'm a patient man. BUT IF I DON'T GET IT BEFORE MY NEXT GAME I'M GOING TO KILL MY PC'S! Not that that bothers anyone here, but it will make them rather sad. And I really don't want to do that. So Trevor, for the sake of my campaign, I beg you....

But not today.

My next game is at LEAST 2 weeks out.

At least.
I seem to recall hearing Trevor stating that there were a few issues (bugs?) that needed to be resolved before the mini init tracker could be included, and he has had his hand full with other bugs which should take precedence over a new feature.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Orchard wrote:Which is a shame in some ways, but I think the initiative tracker is becoming the most often queried update.
The same 2-3 people querying about it 4 or 5 times a week doesn't really count.

The init panel only became a possibility because an outside guy, Lud, was going to contribute the code. I believe that Trevor has stated that he is still waiting on Lud to work out some issues.

It will get in when it gets in.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Orchard wrote:Female costumes have always made sense
Where as little as possible ? That makes sense in one way (sales), but not so much in practical crime fighting :)
Orchard wrote:But anyway, we are getting off-topic, and I'm not going to be responsible for another mass-derailing.
It's my thread and I'll derail it if I want to ... Mwuahahahaha !

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:I believe that Trevor has stated that he is still waiting on Lud to work out some issues.
Actually we've been emailing back and forth, trying to find a clean generic way to do the first implementation.

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

So the process is ongoing and at some point we'll have a first-pass implementation. Can't ask for more than that.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

Phergus wrote:So the process is ongoing and at some point we'll have a first-pass implementation. Can't ask for more than that.
Well, technically you can ask for whatever you want. Whether or not trevor will pay it any attention is another story.:lol:

Return to “Developer Notes”