MT 1.3b35 development progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

jay
RPTools Team

Post by jay »

I've made all the fixes requested to the burst template and added the blast and wall templates as well. They should be in the next build.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

UntoldGlory wrote: One question on macros affecting token properties. Is it going to require you to be impersonating a token, just selecting a token, use the token name, or a combo of the above?
Though I am not 100% sure, I "believe" that the code I saw last night got the selected token(s), impersonated it, set the property, and then went back to the previous state (impersonate the originally impoersontated token or "normal"). I only just glanced at the code for a few minutes last night, so am not 100% sure.

Joe
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

salmelo
Giant

Post by salmelo »

jay wrote:I've made all the fixes requested to the burst template and added the blast and wall templates as well. They should be in the next build.
woot

Mortani
Giant

Post by Mortani »

I can't wait for this build! I've been running my own offshoot since I sent in the /tset function last October (http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php ... light=tset). Glad that someone else better at Java than I followed up. However, when I use /stp HP 5, I get an error
You must specify a token name and an expression, or select token(s) and supply an expression.

Amaril
Great Wyrm

Post by Amaril »

This is how much I'm looking forward to colored lighting: This week's game session got cancelled, and I'm happy about it because I really want to use lighting with colors and shadowy illumination with this new group; they're all new to 3e D&D.

I'm running them through The Burning Plague, and the party consists of a goliath with darkvision, a halfling with lowlight vision, and a human with a sunrod. All of their opponents have darkvision so it should make things very interesting!

Mortani
Giant

Post by Mortani »

This week's game session got cancelled, and I'm happy about it because...
That's so funny. I've had that exact same thought before with other releases.

salmelo
Giant

Post by salmelo »

hey, i noticed that card decks are listed as "in progress" on the wall, will we be getting them in this next build by chance?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Mortani wrote:
You must specify a token name and an expression, or select token(s) and supply an expression.
You need to surround the name with quotes or select a token. The action needs to be as an expression.

Code: Select all

/stp "Big Orc 12" [HP=HP-1]
/stp [HP=HP-1]  // with token selected
EDIT: Followup

Actually there seems to be something wrong with the command when you call out a token name in the command. I think it worked for me a couple times but now I'm not sure that I didn't have the token selected as well.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote:

I'm going to tweak it so that you don't need the /stp part
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

trevor

Post by trevor »

salmelo wrote:hey, i noticed that card decks are listed as "in progress" on the wall, will we be getting them in this next build by chance?
In progress means it's the next major feature to be developed. Depending on the feature it can span several builds. In fact, the tables are part of the deck implementation.

The deck is a bit tricky to get right (well, at least the way I want it), so it's taking some time.

salmelo
Giant

Post by salmelo »

when you say "get right" do you mean get it too not repeat the same card until you reshuffle or whatever, or do you mean something else?

trevor

Post by trevor »

salmelo wrote:when you say "get right" do you mean get it too not repeat the same card until you reshuffle or whatever, or do you mean something else?
That's the easy part :)

The hard part is keeping it correctly in sync across all connected people, making it as impossible as possible to cheat, give the cards a place to "live" so you can interact with them, and possibly make them interact with the map.

Jector
Great Wyrm

Post by Jector »

Trevor, your dedication is uncanny, as always.
I cast firecube! ~4E

mrobviousjosh
Dragon

Post by mrobviousjosh »

Jector wrote:Trevor, your dedication is uncanny, as always.
Ditto. :)

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

trevor wrote:
Phergus wrote:

I'm going to tweak it so that you don't need the /stp part
I thought of doing that at the start, but then having the command operate multiple selected tokens may be a little fiddly as it will have to be in a token macro so there is a token in context. Also the variable resolver for settokenproperties has a slightly different default behavior for variables where the value is prompted than the normal variable resolver.

people playing 4e may want to have damage macros that can run on multiple targets as I believe damage is only rolled once for area effect (I could be wrong). If there is no need for multiple targets then the difference in the input behavior can be worked around by assigning the prompted value to a variable in the macro.

Edit: Also /settokeproperty does not display the output of all the properties being changed which with large macro's where you may be updating several properties and a state can get very spamtacular, a command to for damage that updates states under 4e could look like something like

/stp [p_TempHP - i_damage][p_HP = p_HP + min(0, p_TempHP)][p_TempHP = max(0, p_TempHP)][state_Dying = bnot(max(min(p_HP,1),0))][state_Bloodied = bnot(max(min(p_HP - p_Bloodied,1),0))]
Which when it is expanded in the output will make everyone cry :)

Return to “Developer Notes”