MT 1.3b36 progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

applekor wrote:Is anybody else having trouble getting the token properties to function properly in the b36 source, or am I doing something wrong?
I had to restructure some of the parsing code, and there are still some kinks in it.

Could you provide an example that is failing ?
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

applekor wrote:Is anybody else having trouble getting the token properties to function properly in the b36 source, or am I doing something wrong?
Yep, loaded via Eclipse the other day, and was going to set up some properties values, but MT did not see the properties even when the token was impersonated...
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

applekor
Giant

Post by applekor »

Looking through the code and testing further, /stp is the only command that sets the token context properly at the moment.

trevor

Post by trevor »

I found that I forgot to pass in the impersonate identity when running a macro.

Do an update and see if it's working for you now

applekor
Giant

Post by applekor »

Looks good now.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:I found that I forgot to pass in the impersonate identity when running a macro.

Do an update and see if it's working for you now
heh.. and here I thought someone might have broken campaign backwards compatibility... My original thought was to use Ryss's updates to the macro code to make it easier to copy/paste stuff.. but I stopped that idea the other day when I could not get anything to execute... Of course, with the new build coming out tomorrow, I guess it's all good at this point....
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

trevor

Post by trevor »

UPDATE:

I'm working on a bug that I feel is important to fix for this build. So I'm pushing the build day by one day, that is 1.3b36 is targeted for Tuesday 7/22.

I apologize for the delay, but it'll be worth the extra quality.

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Yeah, no point in releasing a build if you know you need to push out another one to fix it!

BTW, did you ever toss the command to reseed the RNG? Not sure if you did and I missed it in the onslaught of upgrades recently. :P

Taragnor
Cave Troll

Post by Taragnor »

Hopefully you can fix that image loading bug... that'd be really nice. That's the only thing that still annoys me right now with Maptool, other than that, it's awesome.

Cweord
Great Wyrm

Post by Cweord »

Bad news, my wife's Visa may take longer than expected

Good news - this will give me time to play with the new versions of MT with out getting slapped round the head for ignoring her . . . . . (Ok, I'll be fair to her, as long as she is able to play Age of Conan, I can do what I like . . . )

Your doing a great job guys, I cant wait to be home with this so I can try testing it with my group.
Cweord

This message has been spell checked by Freudcheck - any mistakes are purley a figment of your imagination.
-------
My Tokens Directory
http://gallery.rptools.net/v/contrib/Cw ... er_Tokens/

nwelte1
Giant

Post by nwelte1 »

What is the image loading bug... is that the ? mark that keeps popping up when people lay down tokens?

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

Yeah, that's the one.

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

UntoldGlory wrote:Yeah, that's the one.
Yes, and it bit one of my players this past gaming session.

Oh, and I need to post the map I used for that session....

hmmm....I'll do that tonight I think...

Some of you will enjoy it..
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

Naryt
Dragon

[BUG]Impersonate Cancel Button

Post by Naryt »

If impersonating a token on the map, the cancel impersonation button is available but if impersonating a character that does not have a token (as will be the case with most minor NPCs) the cancel button is missing.

Checked using the dev version.
A wandering lost soul

UntoldGlory
Great Wyrm

Post by UntoldGlory »

You can impersonate things without tokens?

Return to “Developer Notes”