MapTool 1.1 build 14 Development progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

thelevitator
Dragon

Post by thelevitator »

Thanks guys! My party started at 10:30 last night because I sat in with a band to play a headliner first. The party went until around 7 in the morning and I was up at 11 with my daughter. I had another band gig tonight (just got home) and I have a private party performance for my mentalism on Sunday. Next year I'm definitely going to keep my work schedule a little more open! :shock:

After my Sunday performance, we are planning a gaming session. I have a new player coming, so I'm pretty excited to show him our set up. I think I'm going to take some pics and post them here. I thought it might be fun to share our gaming areas with each other. One thing I can say is that Maptools looks killer on an 8' screen! :D
"Neither hexes nor squares can confine me!"

James Anthony
"It's all in your head....."
http://www.spelz.net

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Yeah, I know what you mean TheLevitator, I used to be in a band for 5 years; we used to play all but one night a week and that was usually a Monday. We packed in two gigs on Saturday and usually the same on Sunday. Summer just kicked our personal life to the curb. Man that kind of schedule was tough on me (singer) and my vocal cords, that's for sure...

We had fun though - I actually quit my 9-5 job to pursue music - it was a dream :)

We did all kinds of stuff though - played for the military DOD Tours (went to Alaska and Greenland for 3 months), and like you, opened up for many name acts (most of which are no longer name acts)..

The highlight of my musical career was when the local radio stations played a song of mine on the radio for half a year. That was a real trip hearing it for the first time while driving down the road..

So my hat is off to you TheLevitator! Follow your dream because it gets harder as you get older. Maybe it will be for a lifetime or maybe you will miss the normal life and come back to earth like I did (I missed not being able to go to family holidays, weddings (only played at them) and every day things with the girldfriend). Either way, you will have fond memories to look back on!

Rock On and Up the Irons!

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

UPDATE

I think I have the psuedo layers working, I can at least click on one of Visible, Stamp, Background in the token tree panel (formerly the token panel) and when I drag, drop, whatever, it operates on the tokens in the selected "layer"

Now I gotta try and get free-size working. If I can't I'll at least do a build sometime today so you guys can start messing with it, see if it's headed in the right direction.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Very Cool Trevor! Looking forward to it!

Thanks for the great job and dedication :)

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Sounds very cool. Looking forward to it.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

I think I'm just going to do a build with what's in there, and do the free size and controlled token movement in the next build.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Return to “Developer Notes”