Issues with Build 14

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

I was thinking. I am not sure if it was Phergus that originally brought this up or not but I would love it if we could create as many token layers (folders) as we want and have to ability to right click on them and assign certain rules to them.

I could basically do everything I can currently do with the Properties of a token like turn snap off, assign stamp, etc.

Then when I have that folder highlighted, I can just drag and drop all the images I want and they will automatically be assigned the same as the folder.

Just wanted to voice that :)

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

Hmm. Let me digest that a little bit. I'll add a tracker for it so that it doesn't get lost.
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Doprond - I think that with the variable free-sizing you'll have everything you need. I think that I would prefer for anything assigned a specific size to maintain that no matter what designation it had.

Trevor - Will the free-sizing snap-to-grid if the shift key is held down?
I was thinking. I am not sure if it was Phergus that originally brought this up or not but I would love it if we could create as many token layers (folders) as we want and have to ability to right click on them and assign certain rules to them.
I remember that it came up and it sounds like a nice feature but I don't recall being the one that suggested it.

It would be handy if we could change an entire groups attributes at one time that way.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Phergus wrote: Trevor - Will the free-sizing snap-to-grid if the shift key is held down?
That's the plan :)
Phergus wrote: It would be handy if we could change an entire groups attributes at one time that way.
Agreed, just need to think about the best way to get that functionality into the UI.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Another odd issue - not sure if it was brought up or not.

OK, in my case, I do the following:
1. Quick Map - cobblestone
2. Go to my buildings folder and drag a building to the map.
3. Click on Free Size
4. The image goes full size but instantly goes back to medium token size again.
5. Repeat #3 to make it work.

This seems to be happening every time at the moment.

If you need to know, the buildings are about 1 meg PNG's.

Update: I just tested it again, and now it is working. I can't seem to figure out what causes this to happen.
Last edited by dorpond on Fri Aug 18, 2006 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

trevor

Post by trevor »

That's pretty weird. If it happens again, take a look at the Java console and see if there is an exception printed.

Return to “Developer Notes”