1.3b42 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

1.3b42 Progress

Post by trevor »

OK, OK, I know I said "This weekend", but, well, it's labor day weekend, so it's still technically "this weekend".

But I confess, I hit a couple snags with some of the submitted patches, and I'm working on a couple bug fixes myself that aren't quite ready.

So I'm pushing the build day by a day to have time to resolve those issues.

Thanks for your patience !

(To compensate, for those that update source code, do an update and look for the stuff giliath has been tinkering with. It's not hooked up yet, but I'm just saying :) ). But don't let the cat, err code out of the bag ;)
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

ooooooooooooooooo

I'm getting the special feeling. The oh so Troll feeling.

/me clamps his troll paw over his mouth.

hamanu
Kobold

Post by hamanu »

Long time lurker, but I can't help but hop on and congratulate/egg you guys on for this.

and if it's a matter of hooking it up (ooooo I wants it)..... I'm gonna have to go see if I can't get things building for me again.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Re: 1.3b42 Progress

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:OK, OK, I know I said "This weekend", but, well, it's labor day weekend, so it's still technically "this weekend".

But I confess, I hit a couple snags with some of the submitted patches, and I'm working on a couple bug fixes myself that aren't quite ready.

So I'm pushing the build day by a day to have time to resolve those issues.

Thanks for your patience !

(To compensate, for those that update source code, do an update and look for the stuff giliath has been tinkering with. It's not hooked up yet, but I'm just saying :) ). But don't let the cat, err code out of the bag ;)
So so I can be specific, is this in the parser or are his Maptool check in comments enough to make us giggle like little school girls?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

RPTroll
TheBard

Post by RPTroll »

I suspect several of us will spontaneously combust upon the functionality's release.

trevor

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote:his Maptool check in comments enough to make us giggle like little school girls?
Yes.

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:
jfrazierjr wrote:his Maptool check in comments enough to make us giggle like little school girls?
Yes.
Heh... though I really shouldn't, I am going to open Eclipse up while working to see... A fellow has to have a lunch break right? Right?
I save all my Campaign Files to DropBox. Not only can I access a campaign file from pretty much any OS that will run Maptool(Win,OSX, linux), but each file is versioned, so if something goes crazy wild, I can always roll back to a previous version of the same file.

Get your Dropbox 2GB via my referral link, and as a bonus, I get an extra 250 MB of space. Even if you don't don't use my link, I still enthusiastically recommend Dropbox..

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

OH.... joygasim!!!!! This will eliminate the need for all those hokey ....umm wait... that would be saying to much...

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

you are all a bunch of teases.

It's really not fair...

grr...

and by the time I would be able to get eclipse up and running, the build will most likely be out....argh!!!

curse this dissertation, curse it...
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

BigO
Dragon

Post by BigO »

trevor wrote:(To compensate, for those that update source code, do an update and look for the stuff giliath has been tinkering with. It's not hooked up yet, but I'm just saying :) ). But don't let the cat, err code out of the bag ;)
AAAAAAHH!!!!

I'm freaking out over here! In a good way.

Wow. I'm definitely going to have to pay closer attention to those checkin comments.

This goes waaaay beyond Snoopy dance. But is definitely 42 worthy.
--O

I am a small and fragile flower.
http://maptool.rocks.andyousuck.com

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

BigO wrote:
Oh come on... we know you wanna.... and even if the snoopy dance is way to mild for the checkin content, we kind of like seeing it anyway.

Orchard wrote:some stuff...
Well, but IF it's not out, then you too can share in the sneak preview fun. And even if it is out, you can then get the sneak preview of b43, which my time machine shows me will have even more incredible stuff like ....umm nevermind...

Orchard
Great Wyrm

Post by Orchard »

jfrazierjr wrote:
BigO wrote:
Oh come on... we know you wanna.... and even if the snoopy dance is way to mild for the checkin content, we kind of like seeing it anyway.

Orchard wrote:some stuff...
Well, but IF it's not out, then you too can share in the sneak preview fun. And even if it is out, you can then get the sneak preview of b43, which my time machine shows me will have even more incredible stuff like ....umm nevermind...
tease...

yeah, I'll have to get the update...or force BigO to tell me

DM says: Tell me or Rouge (not a typo) gets the Faerie Fire curse (again).

It's effective. You know, when you make a living hiding in shadows (Shadow Dancers are especially partial to this part of the Rogue description), Faerie Fire is a really nasty thing to build into gloves of dexterity...

Yes it was mean. But when the gloves roll up as "Gloves of Dexterity, cursed", what was I supposed to do? Having them simply reverse effect at a crucial point would be too simple. But having them glow in the middle of combat? That's much more appropriate to how things really work. Of course, he's a bit paranoid now, but well, he SHOULD be...

After all, I was in full-on conspiracy theory inspired mode when I created the world. Any of my players who aren't extremely paranoid might as well break out the d8 and have their character's play Russian Roulette with a Wand of Wonder pointed at their skull... Or maybe the Deck of Many Things.
0+0=1, for very unstable CPUs.

trevor

Post by trevor »

Don't know which build it will finally end up in, but it's further than it's ever been ;)

jfrazierjr
Deity

Post by jfrazierjr »

trevor wrote:Don't know which build it will finally end up in, but it's further than it's ever been ;)
btw Trevor, I know I heard about you playing Savage Worlds with RPTroll, but do you play in any other regular games and if so, what systems?

I thought I saw one time someone say here that you are not really much into playing as much as you just enjoy spending time coding so darn much (which I do to, but not as much as I like playing RPG's)

trevor

Post by trevor »

jfrazierjr wrote: I thought I saw one time someone say here that you are not really much into playing as much as you just enjoy spending time coding so darn much
It was probably me that said that :)

Actually the game with rptroll is the first one since I played with snikle last year (search for Dallas Station in the session report backs forum, I even included a timelapse of our sessions). And it's only been one session so far :)

Mostly I'll play a specific game because of personal invitation by a good friend. As for systems, I'm not a big d20 fan, it's too complicated for me. The only other system I'm familiar with at all is SW, and that's because snikle was a big evangelist of it at the time. But I like that it keeps things very simple.

Return to “Developer Notes”