MT 1.3b48 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

syntruth wrote:
dorpond wrote:If that is the function of this new Toggle. I am still confused as all heck as to what its intention is. :P
...that makes me wonder, -is- there a way to put a light source on a map that is -NOT- on a player token? I've tried in previous versions (b45, last I checked) and light would only work on player tokens, which is...irksome. I wanted to put light on a torch-object and be able to have it illuminate the area around it, that the players could see from a distance. Didn't work...
Yeah, I have torch objects all over my maps and they all have light on them. Just keep in mind that you have to have a token on the map to see the light. I also use a transparent png file that I use on maps that are pre-drawn with torches and sconses. It works well because you can't see the object but it is still there - shining light. :)

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Welp, I loaded up my campaign file Trevor and everything seems to work still. My Macros all function which do many things like add tokens to initiative and roll for them, turn on/off halos, adjust HP and Health bars at the click of a button, and many checks. So far so good.

That Vision Toggle though - strange it is. I did notice that when I turn on vision after it is off, the client cannot see the NPC's until they zoom in. but again, this Toggle has got me terribly confused on its function anyway.

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

dorpond wrote:SNIP
When I hover the toggle, it says "Use the Vision Blocking Layer on this Map". This is very confusing. First off, if we paint topology on the map, it should ALWAYS block LOS. Why would we want a toggle that eliminates vision blocking?
SNIP
There are abilities in certain games that do allow one to see through topolgy.... X-ray vision supers and see-through earth wizzards off the top of my head. Perhaps this would enable those abilities from certain tokens in certain states? No idea really, but just a shot in thte dark.

RPMiller
Demigod

Post by RPMiller »

Benz72 wrote:
dorpond wrote:SNIP
When I hover the toggle, it says "Use the Vision Blocking Layer on this Map". This is very confusing. First off, if we paint topology on the map, it should ALWAYS block LOS. Why would we want a toggle that eliminates vision blocking?
SNIP
There are abilities in certain games that do allow one to see through topolgy.... X-ray vision supers and see-through earth wizzards off the top of my head. Perhaps this would enable those abilities from certain tokens in certain states? No idea really, but just a shot in thte dark.
That makes me additionally giddy!! Being able to allow the player of the super with N-Ray vision to see through topology would rock! Question is, does it show what is beyond the topology to the other players as well?
You're just jealous 'cause the voices only talk to me.

ImageImage

Benz72
Giant

Post by Benz72 »

Absolutely no clue on functionality, I was just trying to come up with a reason why one might intentionally allow tokens to see through terrain.

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

Yes, I believe it's a map-wide setting. Hence, it's on the Map menu and not the token's right-click menu. :)

syntruth
Giant

Post by syntruth »

I'm pretty sure this has been mentioned before (around the time of .b40 iirc): can we get a Preferences option to not scroll the chat panel to the bottom on new output? It's been a bit of a small irritant for me when running a game and needing to scroll up to glance at some macro output or something when there is a busy RP/chat going on.

The new frame(): and dialog(): stuff will be nice for my -own- output, but until we can get actual shared macro output frames, I'll need to keep scrolling. :D

Azhrei
Site Admin

Post by Azhrei »

It's already there -- click the little "speech bubble" to the right of the text entry area and the chat will no longer scroll.

syntruth
Giant

Post by syntruth »

Oooooooooooh.

>.>

I'm such a blind dumb-donkey sometimes.

Thanks! :)

Return to “Developer Notes”