MT 1.3b48 Progress

Progress reports and musings from the developers on the current gaming tools.

Moderators: dorpond, trevor, Azhrei

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

MT 1.3b48 Progress

Post by trevor »

OK, I've checked in all the contributions and fixes for b48.

If you have access to the source, please update and do a quick click through to see if anything is horribly broken.

Something to look for is whether image based health bars and statuses are working correctly, and don't blow up memory.

Here's the working changelog for b48:

Build 48
* Fix bug: memory usage explodes when zooming into tokens with image based health bar or statuses
* Fix bug: labels on tokens that aren't currently visible are showing up on mouse over on player view
* Replace vision auto toggle with Map->Use Vision manual toggle
* Handle locale specific number parsing in the light preferences

Contributed by Lindharin
* Fix bug: the minWidth property in campaign panel macros
* Fix bug: campaign macros overwriting each other under rare conditions
* tweaked the panel insets slightly
* Allow '=' on right hand side of assignment

Contributed by Applekor
* Minor Feature: Added "Clear Group" action to macro panel popup menus. This deletes all macros from the group on which the popup was initiated.
* Minor Feature: Added "Clear Panel" action to macro panel popup menus. Used in the Campaign, Global, or Impersonate panels, this deletes all macros in the active panel. Used in the Selection panel, this deletes all macros from the token in which the popup was initiated.
* Fix bug: loading campaigns with remote repositories can throw exceptions

Contributed by Craig Wisniewski
* Macro Mega Patch (Details tbd)

I plan to do the b48 build on Tuesday at lunch (roughly 1p central time) so if you could check things out before then and let me know if you find anything, that would be awesome.

Thanks all !
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

Craig
Great Wyrm

Post by Craig »

I have posted the documentation for the macro additions in the upcoming build so if you have it checked out from subversion and want to try it out or if you are having trouble sleeping you can head over to http://forums.rptools.net/viewtopic.php?p=71147#71147 and read until it puts you to sleep ;)

wrathchild
Dragon

Post by wrathchild »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz ...

Thanks, I needed that ;)
Last edited by wrathchild on Tue Dec 02, 2008 6:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Entering the Digital Age of Roleplaying.
Part of the Resident GURPS Lobby.
Calling for Halos to be Hexified.

Brigand
Read-only User

Post by Brigand »

Are javascript macros ever going to be added so I can finally get into making what I want in MapTool? All this pseduo-code crap in macros has gotten out of control and is teaching people bad coding.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

* Replace vision auto toggle with Map->Use Vision manual toggle

Huh? Use Vision? I didn't notice anything when using this toggle, not do I know what that sentance means. Is this the Day/Night switch by chance? *confused*

I will try it again at work.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

After using the Use Vision toggle, I am confused as all heck as to what its function is, Trevor.

Were you out to make the Day/Night switch?

When I hover the toggle, it says "Use the Vision Blocking Layer on this Map". This is very confusing. First off, if we paint topology on the map, it should ALWAYS block LOS. Why would we want a toggle that eliminates vision blocking? When I use the toggle, it appears to take away soft fog and allows my player token to see all NPC's on the map, even if there is a house in the way blocking LOS. What makes this even more confusing is that we can still see light on the map and it appears as if there is Topology Enabled on the map (because light IS being blocked by VBL) when if fact I can see all the NPC tokens as if there isn't any topology.

I am confused on what you were trying to do with this toggle. Again, why are you taking away Topology? (or like you said "vision"). We should never take away vision or topology if topology is drawn on the map.

If it is meant to be a Day/Night toggle, then undo what you have done and start over. Make it work like this:

Day Mode:
Turn of all existing Lights on the current map and make MT work as it does when there is not a single light on the map. Simple.

Night Mode:
Turn on all existing lights and have MT act just like it does now when we place a light on the map. Simple.

If you want to have it a menu item, call it Day Mode (hover: disables all lights on the map).

If you decide to make a toggle switch, call it Day/Night Mode.

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

I made an upgrade of the i18n_fr.properties file, how can I share it ?

Phergus
Deity

Post by Phergus »

Send your language file to Trevor and he will add it to the build.

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hmmm, is the Vision Toggle a "Show Light" switch so that when we are building our maps, the GM has the ability to see the lights on the map without having to move a token through the map to see them?

If that is the case, may I suggest:

- This only affecting the GM view. This is more for building map, not playing.
- Calling it something else like View -> Show all Lights. It would be up there under View as a Player. It is basically a GM only tool.

If that is the function of this new Toggle. I am still confused as all heck as to what its intention is. :P

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

I can't find Trevor's e-mail!!

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

simonutp wrote:I can't find Trevor's e-mail!!
Click on the e-mail button at the bottom of his post.

simonutp
Giant

Post by simonutp »

I do not see any e-mail button at the bottom of his post.
But I found one e-mail following the WWW button, and sent it there.

trevor
Codeum Arcanum (RPTools Founder)

Post by trevor »

simonutp wrote:I can't find Trevor's e-mail!!
trevor at croftfamily dot net
Dreaming of a 1.3 release

dorpond
RPTools Team

Post by dorpond »

Hey Macro Gurus - can we eliminate the Macro->General layer if we don't have any macro sub-groups defined? I so hate having to go in so deep every time I want to run a generic macro.

syntruth
Giant

Post by syntruth »

dorpond wrote:If that is the function of this new Toggle. I am still confused as all heck as to what its intention is. :P
...that makes me wonder, -is- there a way to put a light source on a map that is -NOT- on a player token? I've tried in previous versions (b45, last I checked) and light would only work on player tokens, which is...irksome. I wanted to put light on a torch-object and be able to have it illuminate the area around it, that the players could see from a distance. Didn't work...

Return to “Developer Notes”